Monday, August 13, 2018

Week 37!

*This week Haley ended up hardly having any time to email, so she just sent me a few funnies from the week and not much more. She had the opportunity to go to a beach with one of the YSA's and the STL's, so she sent me lots of pictures from that. The funniest thing of the week she sent me was a video her comp Sister Gilland took. I literally laughed out loud watching it. It warms my heart to know Haley's getting along great with her companion, and it makes me love Sister Gilland so much for messing with Haley like that!! I totally miss doing that kind of stuff to Haley! ..

From Haley: The funny stuff
I accidentally stabbed my eye with my mascara stick and I cried black tears for a minute. It made me feel like the Gothic kid I wanted to be when I was like 12.
American and English ambulances look about the same, but they sound different. An American ambulance is more like an air horn, it's really loud but doesn't kill you unless you're right next to it. An English ambulance is like a dog whistle on crack. Their alarms go so high that even when you're super far away, you'll still get a headache.
I was blessed to witness the best bird failure ever. This little bird attempted to land on the branch but when it stretched its legs out, it didn't grab the branch well enough and it ended up flopping onto the ground. I died
In England, a lot of people cut their pizza with scissors
Sister Gilland told me that playing DnD was against the white handbook and I was so sad and confused until I realized that she was referring to video games. Sister Gilland thought dungeons and dragons was a video game. I was so disappointed.
One family in ward 2 has a dog that watches TV. If they put a animal or child YouTube video on their tablet, the dog will lay down next to the tablet and watch it. It was so cute! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...