Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 39! Ooh! We're half way there! WhOahh! LIVING ON A PRAYER!!!!!

I'm finally at my halfway mark! Wooooo! I can't believe how fast it's gone. I'm officially a normal missionary now. 
So this week went by so fast. Both sister Gilland and I were on the edge of our seats waiting for transfer calls. And I am..... Staying! Unfortunately sister Gilland is leaving for Saint Helen's near Liverpool. My new companion will be sister paschen (pronounced passion) from Germany. I don't know anything about her but she sounds cute!
Another thing happening in England (and Europe) is a book of Mormon challenge for September. Every day has a question of the soul to ponder, some scriptures to answer it, and a quote from the quarom of the 12. It's a 21 day challenge and will have videos every Friday and Monday. Even though this is mostly for Europe, anyone can join in! I really hope you all give it a try! 
And now the funny stuff:
I had the white handbook thought and when we all got up to recite the missionary purpose, I accidentally started with the young women's theme.
Twilight zone moment: when your investigator asks You to go to a baptism.
Nobody in England wants to respect the missionary title rule so I had a bunch of people ask for my fist name. Now I get called Haley at least once a week. 
Every American missionary I know has quoted napoleon dynamite at least once.
Things sister Gilland has taped into her smash book: sand from thorny Beach, a beef jerky packet (thanks mom), a missionary ID card from provo mtc (they have ID cards?), like every train ticket she ever got, money, a deflated balloon, a burger King coupon, Harry and Megan's marriage,seaweed, and like 2 of my drawings
Every missionary I know quotes SpongeBob (including me) 
For family home evening we were watching the restoration movie and it got to the part where Emma's dad was roasting Joseph Smith. When he finished talking and Emma was giving him the cold stare; one the the ysa said:`it's not a phase dad!' everyone just lost it. 
My new hobby: giving sweets to missionaries who are trying to diet (the only missionary I haven't corrupted is elder Adams, his willpower is strong)
I'm pretty sure that my mom is more popular in the mission than I am. I've had a lot of people ask me how Gwen is doing
Things sister Gilland and I do: during companionship study we say our white handbook paragraphs in a different accent each (I'm best at southern drawl and cringy valley girl) (sister Gilland does posh londoner, Birkenhead, and southerner)
So the stls got some Swiss rolls and gave them to the zone leaders, who gave them to the blackburn elders, who gave them to us and now theres no one left in the district to give them to. 

Pictures.. lots of pictures of her district going out for one last ice cream since many are getting transferred or going home. 
One of the pictures is of Haley and Sister Gilland and their investigator Josh who has a baptism date set for Sept 22nd! I'm so excited Haley wasn't transferred and will get to finish teaching him until his baptism! Hopefully Sister Gilland will be able to come to the baptism also!
The video is from last week..the Elder who took it just sent it to her so she sent it to me this pday. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...