Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Week 2!

Hi Everyone!
So the temperature dropped a bunch and it started snowing. Everyone has been getting sick. (In her email to Chris she said she'd only gotten a tiny bit sick and not for long, so that's great)  On a happier note, classes are going great. Missionaries are truly blessed, I'm able to remember things I learned the first week and Sister Chuma and takata have been getting very good at English. Everyone is dead tired, but we all are having the time of our lives. One good question I had was answered in a devotional that we watched by Elder Bednar. If you don't know if it's you or the spirit, get over it and go anyways. God trusts us with more promptings the better you live, and most of them are not going to be completely recognizable. A huge part of our lives is faith, and if you want to develop faith, then trust your prompting. I love you all and I can't wait to get emails (wink wink), I'll try to answer everyone but no promises.
Love, Sister Hawkins

Funny stories of the week: (back story.. the girls love asking Chris funny stories about his mission etc, so now Mo and Liv ask Haley each week to tell them anything funny that happened. I literally laugh out loud reading these!) 
1 I directly hairsprayed my good eye yesterday morning by accident and two elders thought I had pink eye.
2 the pond behind the mtc has iced over, so the swan will try to walk over it and slip everywhere. Sweet sweet revenge.
3 the swan was renamed Dave, sadly my name of broski wasn't stylish enough
4 my companion tripped on the stairs like 6 times this week. Of course I do the good thing and walk a distance from her so she doesn't nail me. Don't judge me, she's like a foot taller than me, I can't catch her
5 one time when she tripped, she left behind a shoe so I ran after her screaming Cinderella (it was greatly appreciated)
6 apparently my sneezes are really violent and the showers echo, so long story short, I scared some sisters while I was in the shower.
7 my companion sleep talks and told me she snorted while asleep, much confusion and fear was had 
8 elder Monsongo is scared of my popping arms
9 we have a social network for missionaries, so I sent everyone in the mtc that really ugly selfie of Jess (our dog at home​ for those who don't know) and stayed quiet. It took them a whole day to figure out who sent it.
10 I got two dog selfies back (this is during mealtimes not class)
11 my yogurt exploded
12 we had pizza one night, and one of the pizzas was barbeque sauce, but I thought it was plain cheese. The only thing I can say was that it was honestly the worst pizza experience of my life. I literally skipped dessert because of it. I can't even describe how bad it was. Way worse than enchiladas.
13 when we were prosylighting this Monday,  the pigeons were bathing in the fountain in NEGATIVE TWO CELSIUS WEATHER. That's like twenty degrees in farenhieght 
Pictures:
Apparently Haley loves taking funny selfies..who knew?!  The picture of the snow and then the one of Haleys obviously not pleased face came together. I laughed so hard! Haley can't put descriptions with the pictures when she sends them, but no description was needed there! Haley doesn't love the snow for those that don't know. lol!! ​









No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...