Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 14! I like snow now

Hey y'all! 

This week I forced myself to enjoy snow so I didn't go crazy. The snow stayed all week until Sunday evening, it was insane! People were a lot nicer to us because everyone is worried about each other. I don't see what the problem was though. (I've seen worse in Utah). This week we had suprise exchanges. We thought that they were on Thursday and Friday, but it was actually Tuesday and Wednesday. It was really stressful having to speed pack and pray for a train to runcorn. It all worked out though, God blessed his missionaries. The exchanges were really nice and I was with sister pogisho who has a lovely sense of humor. The train ride there and back made me feel like I was in the polar express because of the snow. For the rest of the week we pretty much tracted. Exchanges messed up our schedual and we couldn't go too far because of the snow. It's was fun though since it was so pretty out there. We were worried on Sunday, thaf church would be cancelled, but we had a full house!
So the spiritual message for this week is faith and miracles. Faith is a hope for things which are not seen, but which are true. Alma 32:21. If you have faith, you are willing to trust in something that is not necessarily seen right away, but something that you have felt. Now a miracle is usually considered an event thst can only be described as an act of God. We know that God gives miracles to those who have enough faith to receive it. A miracle is like a gift, it's not necessary for us to have faith though. In the book of Mormon and bible, you see plenty of people who see miracles all the time and still turn away. Laman and lemuel saw an angel, were shocked, and heard the voice of God, but they still refused to believe. How could they doubt despite experiencing all those things? It was because they had no foundation of faith. God and Christ want us to have faith in them and their plan for us, because when we walk by faith and lean not on our own understanding; we not only receive blessings, but we also become stronger ourselves. Miracles are good, but a testimony built on faith will always be stronger. I really encourage everyone to read the general conference talk: has the day of miracles ceased? By elder Donald L Hallstrom in the October 2017 general conference. 

And now the funny stuff 

It was snowing and I had to force myself to like it
My electric toothbrush is running out of batteries and I'm mourning the day that I'll have to brush my teeth without the buzzing noise.
The snow is really dry and I was dumb enough to grab a handful of it. It took like 3 minutes to feel my hand again.
Sister Poussard threw a pen and it Bounced off the Carpet and hit my front two teeth. She was laughing too hard to apologize. I was more shocked than hurt tbh
I tried this aloe Vera drink and the first sip was an act of faith. It was pretty good actually,  I give it an 8/10
I got this pink grapefruit shower gel and sister Poussard had a grapefruit for her tea, and I thought she brought out my shower gel (that gel smells really good)
I know why the pigeons here are so big now. They need the blubber to stay warm. (I've seen them bathing in half frozen puddles, these birds are immortal)
We were at McDonald's and they were playing 21 pilots on the radio. I cried a little on the inside when we had to leave.
Sister Poussard keeps flicking snow in my face
I slipped on the ice like 34568 times this week. I'm almost to the point where I can say I figured out how to fall correctly 
Ice on the sidewalk is an act of Satan. It looks just like the rest of the sidewalk and it strikes when you least expect it. If there is one thing my mission has taught me, it is to never trust the pavement in winter. 
The dogs of England are also immortal. My personal favorite was the beagle that had to stop drop and roll at every pile of snow she saw














No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...