Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 15!! Its finally warming up. HALLELUJA



Hey y'all! 
This week was full of miracles! My district made a goal for 30 new friends and so sister Poussard and I became tracting machines this week. We had a lot of people to visit that we found last week so Idk how we did it. We managed to find 14 people though! Now I'm ready to die on pday. (Lots of speed walking/jogging involved, not my strong area).  We found most of the people in Lawley, where our flat is, so it'll be easy to see them. The only problem with that, is the fact that weve tracted all of lawley, so we have to walk 30 minutes to find anywhere to tract. It warmed up a lot this week, but it also rained for half the week too, so I'm taking it all in stride. Transfers are coming up next week, and sister Poussard and I are certain that one of us will leave (probably her, she's been in Lawley for a third of her mission). I'm excited to see the results! 
Now for the spiritual thought: good better and best! Lots of things we do each day are good, but is it the best thing we could be doing? We need to remember what our priorities are. Work, money, entertainment are all great, but we won't take any of it when we die. We need to lay up treasures in heaven (cookie to anyone who caught the scripture reference.) Sorry if this is short, I don't have too much time this week. 
Love y'all!
Sister Hawkins 
The funny moments:
When I was on the bus, it started moving and I fell on my seat. Elder klitgaard was laughing but I was too shocked to be mad.
Every time I burp, sister Poussard smacks me in the back of the head. Doesn't matter where, doesn't matter when, I will get smacked. (Doesn't stop me though)
When it gets really windy out, the birds will do occasional barrel rolls.
We were waiting for the bus in the evening and when it came to the stop, it stayed like 2 seconds, didn't even open it's doors, and left. We just started laughing/crying. It was so weird. Why have you forsaken me bus driver??? (It comes every hour)
Yesterday was really warm and I was too hot for that, so today I dressed lightly and it snowed in the morning. Thanks England
We found a bunch of new people and accidentally put them all for Saturday night.
Sister Poussard tossed our dinosaur phone to me and I missed it but it fell perfectly in my jacket pocket instead. It was a sacred moment
We were tracting, and we were at a door where an old man answered and he couldn't hear, so he called his granddaughter, and she called her cousin/Sister. So basically we ended up going through 4 teenage girls and a man who kept asking what we were saying before they told us that they weren't interested. I was so entertained by the situation that I didn't even notice how awkward it was. 

The picture with the dog, Bonnie, is the dog of one of our investigators, rosemary. This dog is an absolute dream; she's friendly, spoiled, and love to give kisses.
We were with the elders visiting Ann, one of their investigators. She is an Amazing knitter! She'll make stuffed animals for her knitting club
The last picture is with sister Burton, a member of Wiccan ward. She is very strong in the gospel and makes an amazing curry! 
The family is the Bronlow family. Brother Bronlow served his mission in Germany. (I told Haley to ask him where in Germany and when. My brother Aaron served in the Frankfurt Germany mission in the early 90's)
The bracelet is from Yi a member who was visiting China. She brought bracelets back for Haley and her companion. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...