Monday, June 11, 2018

Week 28! Happy 20th birthday Preston Temple!!!

So this week was insane! After picking up my new comp, sister Gilland, from Manchester, we got a ride back to Chorley and the day was pretty much over. The next day was miracles! We had a list of less active members to visit and while we were going to one, I got us lost and we ended up on a street 10 minutes from our destination. The pang of defeat hit me hard so we tracted that street before heading to the members home. We ended up finding three people from one street though so that was nice. I guess heavenly father gave me a bad sense of direction for a reason. The rest of the week was finding and meetings. Not much to report. Sunday was extra special because we had a service for the 20th anniversary of the dedication of the Preston Temple. It was dedicated by President Hinckley who had also served in the Manchester mission. It was a real honor to get to see the testimonies of those who had seen the dedication and been in that Temple. 
The funny stuff:
One member was calling me sister Hodson thinking that was my name (that's the zone leaders name) and she had been telling off her husband for calling me Hawkins. Now my comps are saying I'm married to elder Hodson now. (This was honestly one of the funniest thing a member has ever told me)
Apparently every sister gets proposed to at some point. Sister Gilland got proposed to a bunch in Manchester. Random people would propose because if you marry an American you get citizenship apparently.
A member was bragging to us about how all the Americas Got Talent judges were British. (WAKE UP AMERICA)
The sisters in Morton lived in a house that's older than the United States of America (I'm not kidding)(England is that old)
I got a library card (for free computer usage) and I had to state my race so I just said white. The lady then made me choose between white British and white American. My face was all "???" because I didn't know there was more than one white. We all burn in the sun equally so who cares what kind of white you are. (I'm white mutt, personally)
We had to wait 15 min for our bus and I saw this stand selling 4 pound dresses (like 7 dollars) so I was browsing and I found a cute and modest marks and spencers dress. I basically got a 40 dollar dress for 7 bucks.
Apparently there's a phrase in Texas where you say "a storms a brewing" instead of a storm is coming like a normal person 





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...