Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 29! Prepare yourself, rain is coming

Those sunny days in Chorley are officially over. It is now rain, fog, and most. I love it! This week went by really fast and I won't have much time to email so this will be a short one. The two highlights of the week was exchanges and a thunder storm. On exchanges with sister Thompson, I got to teach naveen, an investigator from the states who I found but wasn't in my area (I had to refer him to the stls). I had no idea how much he had progressed! He's even going to pick his own baptismal date soon! To all other missionaries who feel bad for not getting a baptism, stop it. I got lucky to see the results of my work but most of the time we don't realize the good that our actions cause. As long as you are giving it all, you can take pride in your work. God doesn't care about how much success you had, but he does care about how much you give. If you really dedicate yourself to him, then you are a successful missionary. On a funnier note, sister Gilland and I faced the wrath of English weather this Saturday. Nothing could protect us from rain that hard. Once it stopped it took 2 hours of walking around to dry off my raincoat, shoes, tights, dress, etc... It was pretty uncomfortable haha
The funny stuff:
I figured out how to put my dog's face into my keyboard.
When we were in ward council, I was trying to say 'that's the torture of having big arms' but I actually said the torture of having arms' and everyone died. I say stupid stuff like that at least once a day
Apparently if you sting yourself with a stinging nettle every day, you don't have allergies because your body spends too much time reacting to the nettle. I have a low pain tolerance so I don't really want to try it.
The British don't really like root beer because it smells like this antibacterial medicine. I got to try some and it smelled exactly like root beer. It was so weird.
There's this drink called vinto which smells like that grape flavored cough syrup you took as a kid for colds. It's not too bad but it gives me doctor office flashbacks
Sister Gilland has a folder of funny quotes from other missionaries. Like 4 of them are from me and we've only known each other like 2 weeks.
Nobody believes me when I say I'm half Latino 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...