Monday, September 24, 2018

Week 43!

** Haley went on a hike with her Bishop and Zone and didn't have time to write out a full weekly email. This is just a few excerpt from the email she sent to me and a few funny stories from her week.  The most wonderful news was that the investigator (Josh) that she and Sister Gilland and then after transfers Sister Paschen were able to teach was baptized on Saturday. I am so happy for Josh and so happy for Haley that she was able to be there and speak at his baptism!!

*I sent Haley a pair of rain boots since the zipper in her boots she took out broke and she needed new ones.. this was her response when I asked how they fit and how Josh's baptism went. 

First of all, the boots fit perfect and are absolutely amazing! Now when it's raining hard, everything else may be wet, but my feet are still dry. Lol. There are very few things in this world that can overcome Chorley rain.
Josh's baptism was amazing!!! He's amazing!! He invited his family and a bunch of people too so it was pretty big. Also I had a talk on the Holy Ghost and I was too nervous to look in my notebook and ended up saying a talk completely different then what I planned. It went pretty good though. 

I actually won't have time for a weekly email because we have to go home and eat before we go back to work, so I'll just send the funny moments.
 A drunk man kissed sister paschen and I both on the cheek when we were saying goodbye. The drunk men here are unusually affectionate. They're like cats
The Blackburn elders got to move flats and they had this camel statue they found that they gave to the zone leaders. Well we wanted the camel statue so we traded German chocolate for a camel. Now we have a pet camel.
Somebody put googly eyes on the camel and won't admit it
It was so windy that I broke my umbrella, so I got a new one that was sturdier and bubble shaped. One of the wires on that one broke within like 2 minutes. I hate the wind
The stls used our flat like 3 times this week for exchanges and lunch and companionship studies. It's like having an extra set of roommates.
We got mail for other missionaries by accident so we were holding on to it to give to the zone leaders, and elder casidebari asked if he had any mail. Well he didn't, so sister paschen and I found a cute card and envelope and we wrote him a letter. It said: you okay?' that's it. He said that we just started a war.
Sister paschen: 'you can have ketchup on everything!! ', she says as she pours ketchup on a bowl of rice.
Words of wisdom from sister paschen: you can put anything in your wrap. Her wrap was full of rice, ketchup, cheese, veggies, and two pieces of salami.
We thought the camel would feel homesick so we put it next to two cactus plants so it would feel like it's in the desert again. 
So we (Haley and her comp Sister Paschen) were planning to have tea with Stephan, a ysa chef, and he was asking us over messenger what we wanted. Sister Paschen had the phone and I was reading so I yelled at her to tell him no enchiladas so she said that she asked for enchiladas. I tried to take the phone back to correct that and we ended up wrestling over it. She had a bunch of brothers and male friends so I lost drastically. 

*pictures... Haley sent a few pictures from the baptism and a lot from todays hike! 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...