Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 44! A Whole Chicken

Once everyone sees the funny moments, you'll all understand the title. So this week was amazing!!! I'm sure you all heard from Gwen (thanks mom) about the baptism of Josh. I feel so privileged to be able to teach and learn with him, and he's a living testimony of how the gospel can and does change people. When I first met Josh he was super curious and bouncy (and he still is ðŸ˜†) and now that he let the spirit work on him, I've seen him become more open and focused. It means a lot to see that change first hand.
As for this week, a bit happened. Sister Paschen and I got the opportunity to teach two of Josh's little sisters. Both of them were at his baptism and are super prepared. They both were interested not only because of the change in their brother but also because of the spirit they felt. We also have been teaching two other people called Al and his son Jacob. Both of them are very strong Christians and have been coming to church with us! 
For this spiritual thought I thought about the spirit and having more spiritual experiences in our daily lives. One of the things we promise to do in our baptismal covenant is to always remember him. If we try to always remember him, it means that we have to always invite the spirit into our lives. One way we can do that is to make sure we are doing activities that invite the spirit. Good music, books and media are helpful. Another thing is to look at what you spend your time on. If most of your free time is video games, computer, and social media,;the spirit won't have any room to work. We need to break up our days so that we have time to focus on the things that matter, like scriptures and prayer. Taking 10 minutes out of entertainment time isn't that hard 
The funny stuff:
A high man offered me a big Mac while we were walking home Monday evening. I don't know what it is with drunk/high people here. They're either depressed or really affectionate. And they'll talk to anybody.
A member gave us a 10er for our tea (thank you!), and sister Paschen decided to buy a whole chicken. A whole roast chicken. Don't ask me why.
When we were walking through Astley park, a bunch of chavs were screaming.  As we walked past them, one of them gave me these words of wisdom: don't go through the bushes, there's a wasp nest in there. The poor kids got massacred by the wasps.
I found a dead hedgehog. I'm a true brit now.
An older lady who let us in told us about these missionaries she met when she was 16. Apparently they were very handsome.
We had our tea at the MTC on Sunday, and I walk in and an Elder was playing a song on the piano and it took me like 15 agonizing minutes to remember that it was 21 pilots. This made me realize how I've forgotten like all my music
Sister Paschen held Elder Casidebaris beanie hostage for like 5 days. We kept on taking new watsapp profile pictures with her wearing the hat too. Every time he called us and asked about the hat I would always be all : hat?? What hat? He got it back, don't worry -- 

Pictures- The pictures of Haley putting on lipstick.. I guess she was using her tablet camera as a mirror to apply her makeup and one of the Elders started pushing the camera button to take the pictures. lol! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...