Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 52! Sick again

So I'm not gonna lie, this week was hard. On Thursday I was feeling weird and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I had to stay in sick, so there's not a lot I have to say about this week. I am getting better though.
So at the beginning of this week we had transfers and sister Sawatdee went home. My new companion is sister Tavares from Brazil! She's super funny and nice and she has perfect English. She also seems to get all the sick companions so she was good at playing nurse. Tomorrow will be zone conference too so that will be fun.
The funny stuff:
On last Tuesday when we were at the war museum, I almost died. I took too long reading all the info for the exhibits or something and ended up getting separated from the group. While I was looking for them, the lights in the building went dark and this war film started playing on all the walls, and there were a lot of walls... I was basically huddled next to this vintage car, trying not to freak out, while I heard gunshots and screaming ringing around me, black and white pictures of soldiers and half starved kids were on every wall, and it was dark enough to not see my own feet. (don't worry they found me)
Apparently I snore and when the district leader called I was snoring really loud. Nobody has ever told me that I snore before so hearing about this was a big shock.
So Sister Travares carries a curse wherever she goes. Every one of her companions gets sick and I'm the new victim of the curse. Luckily it's just a cold and sore throat.
We had a primary presentation during church, and they were all doing great, but there was this one kid (ill call him Danny boy), who was absolutely killing it! He sang the loudest and proudest, helped a little girl say her part, and when the songs involved marching, he bounced with each step. This kid is going to be a general authority some day.
There was also a munch and mingle after church because a missionary just returned from his mission in Germany (congrats dude, we'll be working with him soon), and we stayed to help clean up, and they gave us the leftovers. We went home with a tray of ham sandwiches, salad, fizzy lemonade, and half a Costco chocolate cake. Also some anonymous members in Swinton gave us some grocery bags full of fresh fruit, mince pies, and meat pies. (thank you Swinton Ward!!!) 
Pictures-
Haley drew a girl on water color paper and sister Tavares is the one who colored it.
Also all the food that Swinton ward gave us, and some last selfies with sister Sawatdee






No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...