Monday, December 17, 2018

Week 55! White elephant and funny moments.

So today for pday, we had a white elephant exchange and I got a jehovahs witness pamphlet. I was so salty, it took a lot of power to keep that whiny tone out of my voice
The worst present though was the fish. A whole raw fish. In a pretty box.
When we were emailing with the Ashton district, the topic with the sisters turned to boys and the elders were giving us looks, so I (without thinking of course) say "don't give us that look, we all know you talk about girls". Cue the elders being super embarrassed as the other sisters start laughing and grilling the elders
Sometimes I forget sister Tavares first language isn't English. I'll use all kinds of slang and I get confused when she doesn't understand me
I had put two croissants in the oven to warm them up and melt the butter, but I forgot about them and they were a burnt crisp. At least i didn't burn the flat down
Helen gave us this body butter for Christmas, and mine was peppermint scented and it smelled just like thriftys mint and chip ice cream. Exactly like it. It made me kinda homesick, but hey, now I smell delicious.
Sister Tavares and I are so pathetic sometimes. So we were sitting in town for lunch (we had an appointment right after and didn't have time to go home), and naturally a small gang of pigeons came over to watch. We dicided to put a small pile of bread pieces on the ground, and everytime a pigeon came near, we would move our feet a little, and I swear, it was like someone pulled out a machine gun. Why are pigeons so jumpy?
New hobby 54: making sister Tavares laugh really herd when she's sore, so it makes her even more sore.
I've had over 4 old ladies tell me to find a rich husband. I don't know why it always seems to turn to that conversation, but old ladies love to talk to us about our future "eternal companion"
So a lovely member gave us some Christmas notebooks (thank you! We love you!) and sister Tavares had a cute quote about rain on hers, and mine was... 'all you need is love and presecco' I've never even had a pressecco before, but it was still funny.
Sister Tavares and I regularly quote the things my parents said in the videos of Jess they sent me. Our two favorite things to say are 'Oh Snap!' (curtousy of my mom) and 'struggle you twit dog, Struggle!' (from dad) (that was the video of Jess making a nest from the blankets on the couch)
So there is this road that's super hard to cross because there's no lights and it's really curvy. Anyways we were on our way back from visiting some people and the road looked clear so we decided to cross. When we did though, out of nowhere this car came and almost hit us as we were running across the road. We both made this really wierd screams as we ran across and laughed about it the whole way back.
I was really dumb and told a member that I loved her with all my butt because my butt is bigger than my heart. Now she won't let us live it down. When we were at church, she asked sister Tavares if she loved her with all her butt too. 

Pictures: So sister Tavares and I were in charge of a snack and members gave us a bunch of fruit so we brought a pineapple and melon. I was eating the extra parts with sister Viteri.
I was trying to get something out of my teeth and sister Tavares took a picture 
We are having a white elephant exchange and my present I'm giving is a wine glass full of stickers. It's useful for t Book entries and every sister wants a fancy glass. I was planning to wrap up a big Mac but I was worries it would get gross.
The fish.
The new and improved Temple painting for Pres and Sis McReynolds. (I'm glad she had time to re-do it and fix the spelling!) 
The burnt croissants. 
The Zone Christmas party.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...