Sunday, December 30, 2018

Week 56! Happy Boxing Day!

And merry Christmas 🎅🎄! For those of you who don't know, boxing day is the day after Christmas where everyone gets rid of their stuff and gives it to charity. (now it's basically Christmas black Friday, but lots of people still celebrate it the proper way).
This week went by so fast its crazy. Sister Tavares and I have no self control either so we basically opened all our presents early too (sorry not sorry) (thank you to my family and everyone else who thought of us this Christmas!) we also had a lot of time with members too so it was really fun. Before Christmas it was lots of finding and calling by people in our records. Not too many people were in or interested but we worked hard. We did have a few miracles including the ysa missionaries finding a previous investigator who is interested again! They sent his details to us and we'll be seeing him on Friday.
For the spiritual message this week, I just want to invite everyone to at some point read the nativity chapter in Matthew and Luke. I really promise that as you do this, you'll be able to feel closer to christ this Christmas season! 
The funny stuff:
Sister Tavares and I were worried that we would be late so we took a picture of the traffic. In Manchester, you can never trust travel time
As a missionary, most methods of entertainment are banned or highly not recommended, so we can be really creative when we want to do something for fun. For example: a member gave sister Tavares and I a bottle of fake champagne (sparkling tropical juice) each. Of course we decided to do the only logical thing you can do with fake champagne. We got home after the work, caked on a bunch of makeup, put on our most stereotypical posh(not very) clothes, and took a photo shoot of us drinking the juice in fancy champagne glasses. (the best part is that we bought the glasses for 50p each) (that's close to a 1.50 dollars for two champagne glasses)
When I was on the bus, this kid next to me was singing a couple of anime theme songs (I think I recognized one punch man) it took a lot of willpower to not laugh, or worse, sing with him. (you go fellow nerd kid!)
Sister Tavares family sent her some money for Christmas (packages to England are really expensive) and so far shes gotten some jewelry, belt, scarf, and a pair of Clark's shoes that were on sale. But her most prized possession is this pug onesie that she found in a charity shop for 4 pounds. Every time I mention it, she goes on a rant about how amazing it is. She's wearing it right now as I'm writing this.
Sister Tavares wouldn't let me take a Pic of her in her pug onesie until she put some makeup on. (c'mon you're in pajamas, embrace your morning face)
So in every mission (I hope), love songs are banned. I found a loophole in this. I like to sing, and sometimes I wanna sing 'Falling In Love With You' by Elvis. In order to stay within the mission rules, I always replace the word 'you' with 'food' and now it's a food appreciation song instead of a love song. Problem solved! (when I told sister Tavares this, she just facepalmed) (she doesn't appreciate my genius.)
 Normally Satan attacks you mentally and physically, but sometimes he just does petty little things to inconvenience you instead. For example: our drying machine just broke and we didn't have any thing proper to hang the wet clothes on, so we had to improvise (pictures will be included)
When we were at a members home, she had a call from a telemarketer asking her if she was in a car accident then they asked her if she thought she would be in a car accident later on (???) and she was all 'I don't understand? Am I supposed to schedule my next car accident??' 


*Gwen here.. I was literally crying I was laughing so hard at their "posh" photo shoot they did. I can't believe how many pictures they took and sent!  So dumb and yet so darn funny! 































No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...