Monday, January 28, 2019

Week 61! I'm a famous artist now

So I made these funny drawings of all the different types of sister missionaries in the emm and people like it.
Anyways this week was Amazing! We started the week with exchanges and that was really fun. I was with sister hemminger who is an amazing missionary. She's a spiritual giant. I think the exchange really helped me in making some good goals. After exchanges it was normal work and on Saturday, we had a street display with the stls and the Stockport elders. It was all fun and games until the born again attacked. Not really, but they set up a display right next to ours and started preaching with a microphone and everything so we had to leave. We did get to meet a lot of nice people though. This Sunday was the highlight of the week. Our friend Ethan came to church with us and he really enjoyed it! It's really nice to see how the gospel can bring so much hope into our lives. Especially for someone who has grown up never knowing what happens next. I had no idea how much security and courage the plan of salvation has given me until Ive seen someone learn it for the first time. We also saw Celia Sunday evening too and she enjoyed the lesson. Hopefully she'll give the gospel a shot.
The funny stuff:
When we came to district counsel, the first thing I saw was the zone leaders having a snowball fight. It's officially winter.
I was taking off my boots and I found a 10 pence coin in one. I have no idea how it got in there. Sister Simonson is convinced I have the spirit of president Gordon B Hinckley watching over me (see the lessons I learned as a boy video)
When we were having street display, a really weird man (and possibly high) was talking with sister Simonson and as he left, he yelled out 'that's a pretty dress'. At least he knew how to compliment a girl the right way.
Also during street display, the born again came by our stand, got out a microphone, and started telling people that their kids were going to h*ll (cmon guys). While they were doing their thing, a church of England dude came up to us and complimented us on how we would have our street displays and then bashed the born agains a bit. I guess they didn't like it much either.
Sister Simonson and I both have really intense morning voices. We both sound super gravelly. Also since we both like to sing, anything we try to sing in the morning sounds absolutely awful. We still try though.
Sister Simonson really knows how to bring in the fun people. She gave a card to this man and he later called and left a voice mail, and in the voice mail he said :'ill only speak to her (sister Simonsen). I will speak to no man' We were both Dying when we heard the voicemail! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...