Monday, February 25, 2019

Week 65! Not so sunny Saturday!

So the title of the email is from the funny moments. Life is good on the island. We don't have any really progressing people, but we are finding and praying so hopefully the lord will lead us to some. There's a lot of fun families in the island like the Sayles and the marsh family. They're super funny! Plus the weather is really windy but it's not as rainy as England from what I heard. Sorry there's nothing new to report on. Until next time!
The funny stuff:
We were walking past the beach, and I think like 1/3 of the seagull population was at this one spot in the ocean (something must've washed up) but it was windy and the waves were pretty high. So either the seagulls were far enough to just swim around in the ocean, or they had to dodge the waves every time they came. Well one group didn't. It was pretty funny to see the birds get washed to shore then have to shake themselves off.
When we were walking along the promenade, I saw this perfect huge seashell, so I jumped the fence for it. The only problem was the fence was super wet, so I got wet legs for a bit (I was in trousers) but hey! I got a seashell
So I had the genius idea to braid my hair in 4 different braids after I showered so that it would come out all nice and wavy. Well it did come out wavy, but a bit too wavy. I was basically half sheep that day. Now I understand Hermione grangers pain. (pictures will be included)
So our mission has a standard or excellence of 10 good conversations per missionary. President Mcreynolds came up with "Sunny Saturday"(it was raining all day in the island) (I'm sure England was nice that day though) and made a what's app group where everyone counted all the good conversations (aka you invited a new person to do something) they had that day. Well since the whole mission is adding a number like every 3 minutes, the whole day our phone was buzzing. Normally we start the day with a full charged phone and end at like 60ish percent left, but because of the contest it was at like 30 percent by the end. It was pretty funny when the phone started buzzing non stop during a visit too. (of course this is about the effort, not the numbers) (we had 790 conversations if anyone was wondering)
The waves were really high during "sunny Saturday" (because it was raining and stormy) and we had to walk on the sidewalk instead of the promenade. They were so high that the water would actually come up to the sidewalk sometimes too. It was terrifying. I will never live on the coast. (pictures will be included) 
Sister Reyser was doing her language study and the word vomit came up. I found out that I know 8 different ways to say vomit. (vomit, puke, throw up, chuck, upchuck, hork, hack, retch). I love the English language










No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...