Monday, March 4, 2019

Week 66! Back in Chorley!


So zone conference was at the start of this week and it was in Chorley.!! Funny thing is the weather in England is waaaayyyy nicer than the weather on the island. I didn't need my winter coat the whole time we were there. After zone conference, sister Reyser and I had a 5 minute exchange (just kidding, it was like one evening) with the Lancaster sisters. That was really fun. Plus the ferry rides were pretty smooth going there and back. The rest of the week was basically finding. Sister Reyser and I are still struggling with getting people to teach but I'm sure we'll see somebody soon.
The funny stuff:
So we got to stay at the Chorley sisters flat and sister Terry is there. Sister Terry was the one I replaced in the isle of man, and she had left two coats on the island so we promised to bring them with us. We'll we DIDN'T. WE HAD ONE JOB. we just remembered about it when we were in the McDonald's at Chorley and we were both freaking out because sister Terry is like a literal Disney princess and anyone who makes her sad goes to outer darkness.
We basically spent our whole pday in Chorley at the McDonald's. Got some Mcflurries and stayed for like 5 hours using the free wifi. We kept the Mcflurries on the table so nobody would kick us out. #lifehacks
Sister mcreynolds told me that she used the sister guide I drew in a training. It was basically the best thing anyone could have ever told me. Made my day
So while we were in Lancaster (exchanges) there were a lot of cobblestone streets and I never pick up my feet properly so I'm always tripping. Well my lazy butt managed to break the front sole of BOTH of my shoes in the SAME spot. Luckily I found this glue in pound land that fixed the problem. (if I don't ruin them again that is)
When we were at a tea appointment with a very adorable young family, we were talking about fishers of men. Then one of the kids was all "fishers of men and women. Dad got mom on his mission" (the parents had met when the father was a missionary) and the parents just about died when he said that.
So next transfer sister Reyser hits her year mark, she has her birthday, I'll have my 16 month mark, general conference will happen, and Easter will happen, and elder bly has his birthday. If sister Reyser stays it will basically be one big party the whole transfer.
Sister Reyser told me that for her 12 month mark, she wants to eat a bowl of cereal. But not just any bowl, she wants to eat it from the fruit bowl. The big massive mixing bowl we put the fruit in. That's like a whole box of cereal. I can't even eat two whole bowls of cereal without getting sick. She's gonna die and I want to be there for every moment of it.
Sister Reyser also has a hole in her shoe, and somehow, every day she gets a huge rock stuck in the hole and she has to take the shoe off to pry it out.
So the mission has forced me to do many things that I would've refused to do myself before. So with me leaving my hair straightener at Lancaster, and considering my bedhead to not be socially acceptable for church, I decided to curl my own hair, by myself, with no help, for the first time. It was an eye opening experience and my head was slightly poofy but it turned out okay so all is well I guess. 

Pics from Zone conference.. Looks like it was a mini MTC reunion. The pics with Haley and the 2 Sisters and an Elder were a few of the missionaries in her MTC district. Haley loved seeing them again! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...