Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 75! So I might become famous



So there's a huge family called the Prestons, and they are participating in a documentary about people in England. They are representing the church too and there will be cameramen next Sunday and possibly when we see them during tea. We'll have to get permission from president for that. If we do though, I have a 10% chance of being in a documentary.
So this week was pretty great! We called by Tons of people and had a few lessons. I don't know anybody too well yet but I'll mention them in later emails. There's also two wards in Ashton and the sisters cover both. We also have two sets of elders who have one ward each so lots of missionaries in this area. The wards both start at the same time (just different classes then they flip) so we have two sacrament meetings each Sunday. It almost feels like I'm in Chorley again.
The funny stuff:
On the boat ride to haysham, I was alone, and it wasn't private or assigned seating so I just found a spot in the news room and I was planning on a nap. But then, they started playing Dumbo on the TV screen, so I had to force myself to move over to the Cafe lounge where there were no tvs. I swear I almost shed a tear at that moment (I love Dumbo) but duty calls.
There's a law in Shrewsbury where it's legal to kill someone with a longbow on the first Sunday of every month on this specific bridge. Just letting everyone know
When I was unpacking, I realized I zipped one of my luggage packs inside out
So there's a company called Co-operation (co-op for short) and I swear they do everything. Ive seen a co-op grocery store, travel shop, pharmacy, doctors office, charity shop, and funeral care. I'm pretty sure co-op runs England
So we saw this man kind of speed walk out of a store and the owner was yelling at him as he walked away (stuff like I have your face on camera). So we being situationally aware, decided to cross the street and get out of dodge. Later as we're walking back to our flat, we see the dude again! And so we cross the street again, and he's acting all dodgy and walking in the middle of the street and back all the time so I think he was on drugs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...