Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Week 74! The seagulls here are insane

So half my funny moments is about seagulls this week. I would apologize but I'm not sorry.
Anyways transfer news came out, and I am leaving the Isle of Man. It's sad but I know that the Lord will put me wherever I'm needed. I'll be in Ashton for my last transfer and I'll be in a trio with sister Songer and sister Ott. I don't really know anything about them except that they're pretty young on the mission and they're both redheads, so we're going to be best friends. 
This last week in Douglas was a lot of walking. Sister bishop and I cleaned up our area book and put a lot of people on the map. Also lots of finding. We had a good lesson with Lee, who's doing really great right now, and the missionaries are teaching the lessons to a members son who wants to be baptized. He's so sweet and he'll do great! 
Sorry I haven't given a spiritual thought in a while. I thought I would do one on your vision. So in the mission, every new missionary starts off with writing their 'vision' for their mission. It's basically who you want be at the end of your mission. This can also apply to life in general. We all want to become better people and be more successful in life, but if you don't have a specific goal to work for, then what direction are you going in? It really helps making a goal and making plans on how you can achieve it. We all need to have the end in sight. It's the same with heavenly fathers plan. The end goal is the celestial kingdom and everything else is just a step to it.
The funny stuff:
So I guess it's seaweed season because the beach is just covered in seaweed right now, and our flat is right along the promenade. It's only bad if you walk along the promenade, but since it's been warm, all the seaweed is rotting, and it smells like the oceans armpit.
So I decided to start a pen collection, and the first one I got was from Lancaster castle, next was the isle of man, and now two cute random pens. I'm actually super attached to my pens now too.
So I finally saw a car that was weirder than the three-wheeled one. It was covered in fake grass. Except for the lights and windows, the whole car was just fake grass. It must have been an advertisement
So we had to go to pound land for toilet paper and I saw SPICY skittles. Two words that should never go together. Anyways of course I got a bag, and the skittles, surprisingly enough, are actually spicy. It's more of an after taste than an actual flavor
When we were in Ramsey, (other side of the island) the wind was so strong it was actually pushing us back and knocking over trash bins. It was raining too and it felt like knives, I swear. That was probably the worst weather day I've had on the mission.
Finding decent popcorn in England/the isle of man is so frustrating. English people like sweetened popcorn. Not caramel, just popcorn with sugar sprinkled on top. It takes so lung just to find one normal salted popcorn, and even longer for butter.
SO SEAGULLS:
We saw two seagulls crash into each other, fall, start fighting, and then both of them stopped so they could scream at the street. Then a car scared them away. It was so funny because just as the fight started to get good, they just couldn't resist the urge to scream
We also saw a seagull swallow a piece of pizza Whole. THE WHOLE PIECE. IN LIKE 2 GULPS. I was scared this seagull was going to die. It looked so uncomfortable. Plus there was another seagull trying to pull the pizza out of the first ones throat.
While the pizza seagull was doing its thing, another seagull took the bag they found the pizza in, tried to fly away, but the bag was too heavy so it dropped it and like 8 other seagulls dive bombed for it. The whole time this was going down, sister bishop and I were basically dying. It was one of the funniest things we got to witness.
I also low key saved a man's lunch. There was this seagull that was very obviously planning to swoop for this man's sandwich, so sister bishop and I walked behind the man to syke out the seagull. It worked and the seagull did a really sharp U-turn mid swoop.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...