Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Week 77! The sun is shining the birds are singing

On days like this, kids like you should be..... Sharing the gospel!!!
So this week was sooo nice and sunny. It was actually kind of hot for a few days. Like 70 degrees. I'm going to die when I get home. We had a really good finding time, and on Thursday we found four new friends! And they all texted us back so hopefully they'll make it past the first lesson. I also found out that I'm super sensitive to codeine. That'll be in funny moments. 
The funny stuff:
So I forgot to put this in last week, but sister laursen is a prankster and she pulled a fast one on me during our exchanges. She picked a dandelion and held it up for me to blow, and as I inhaled, she stuck it in my mouth. Dandelion doesn't taste nice either.
So on pday, we went in a Victoria's secret to get one of the sisters fitted, and it was one of the uncomfiest experiences of my life. Besides all the underwear pictures, there was also a huge screen in the back playing a fashion show for Victoria secret underwear. I will never step foot in that store again.
So we must've been with a new bus driver, because he took a wrong turn and was super late and all the old ladies yelled in sync: TURNING THE WRONG WAY. The poor driver. Then the passengers heckled the bus driver and his helper the whole ride. They were merciless. It was like watching chickens take out the bottom of the pecking order.
Sister Ott and sister Songer Love to imitate accents, and both of them are pretty good at it too. It's really funny when we're walking and they start having a conversation with every statement in a different accent. The only accent I can do is the extreme valley girl.
We only have one mirror in the flat, and it's in the bedroom which doesn't have very good lighting. Long story short, I have a big scab on my face now because I tried to pop a freckle
So I started my monthly day of pain and hunger (not referring to fast Sunday) and the only pain pills in the flat was these paracetamol and codeine ones. They must've been really intense because the box said to not use longer than three days or else they become really addictive. Well it was my only option so I took two and it was probably one of the worst decisions of my life. I was tripping so hard, literally and figuratively. I felt like I was on a boat in stormy weather basically. I thought I was dying or something so I called the mission nurse and apparently this is a fairly common reaction to codeine. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...