Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Week 3!

Hi Everyone! 
First day in the field!!! And its.... pday! So it's pretty cold but once you start walking you warm up. My companion is sister Poussard, she's from France and loves music. The flat is really nice, with a kitchen bathroom AND a living room! And we're within walking distance of a church and bus stop. There's a bunch of leftover clothes from previous sisters so I could take some ...... Back to spiritual stuff. So we have a lot of finding to do. It's going to be hard, but it'll be worth it. I just want to remind everyone that our friends and family need the gospel. As members of the church we have a duty to share it with everyone. Don't be afraid because if you share with a true desire, the spirit will be with you. I love you! Until next week!

*So, Haley didn't send an official funny stories of the week to anyone, but this is a little bit of the email she sent Chris.. there's some of the Haley funny in here worth sharing! 

Elder Blitsov asked me how are you and I heard how old are you so I said 19. He tried to turn it into a meme.
I was the only sister in testimony meeting not crying. Savage
Dave the swan was hit by a car. I didn't want it to end like this! Rest In pieces Dave
My companion is French and she calls me Sister Honkins. I love it
The drive up to the flat was rough. All our suitcases didn't fit so us sisters had a suitcase in our laps and the elder who was sitting shotgun is 7 feet and the poor guy had his knees up to his chest. The drive was an hour and a half. 
Today while shopping, my companion ate 3 croissant. They were tiny though so I dont blame her. 
I got this nasty grapefruit juice for a deal, and I told my companion that I would like it, but I don't now. I won't give in, I'm going to drink all of it, it's good for me


 Haley with her mission President Stuart N Mcreynolds, and his wife Sheryl McReynolds.

 Haley and her trainer Sister Poussard

*Gwen here.. I'm adding this next portion from the email Haley sent home to me. When she looks back and reads this book I want her to remember how she felt her first week out and to see how much she's grown from here! 

I love the new area and flat! My companion is great too! She just finished her training so she's a little nervous but think she's doing a good job. I'm having a little trouble with speaking to people, I'm not afraid but I don't know what to say. I'm getting better though. I'm trying to emulate my patriarchal blessing more, and I'm reading it today. 


These next few pictures I got from another missionaries mom. It's great to connect with other Manchester missionary moms and see your girl in a few of their pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...