Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 19! I died but I'm ok now

So this week was super busy! We had exchanges and zone conference and I got sick. A lot happened. On the way to the train station, our bus got in a crash (it just scraped the car) so we were late and had to catch the next train. I was with sister pogisho for our exchange and we had a really good time. We took a 20 minute train ride to this Really posh area and did a load of street contacting. (I took a picture of this beautiful church there. It was massive and had a big graveyard too.) Afterwards is the death part. Later in the evening, I got this nagging headache, which after tea, turned into a glaring migraine. Pain meds, water, and a yummy shrimp and basil pizza didn't help. (It was choose your own toppings, don't judge me). I was pretty much a zombie by the end of the day. The next day, I head over to zone conference with my comp, sister gaugau, sister pogisho, and sister Poussard (she's one of the stl now, it was great seeing her again!) I was still a zombie during zone conference but I did have a good time. Sister gaugau and I made all of the American missionaries jelly with our reese's peanut butter cup Easter packages (thanks mom and dad!) The next day I was still sick and had to stay in the flat, nothing to report there, just slept all day. The rest of the week street contacting and calling by friends. One of our new friends (from Rome) came to church. I might be giving her kids art lessons while sister gaugau teaches her. We'll see how it goes.
Today's spiritual thought is on finding the right information. In the world today, we are surrounded by information, especially on the church, and sometimes we might run into something that may give us questions. The first thing you need to know is where is this coming from. While the internet has a lot of good info, it is also filled with misinformation. It's always important to check your sources. Another thing is what sources are you using to answer your questions? God has given us the scriptures, not only as a set of guidelines, but also as a book of answers! When we read the scriptures, ponder, and pray; we are Promised answers from God. God will never break his promises. Another thing we need to remember is that God will answer in his own time. I know this very well, having a lot of weird questions over the years, and still haven't received answers to all of them. Looking for those answers though, has strengthened my faith so much. Finally, the most important thing is to remember what you already know. We all have questions, but those will never change the fact that this is the restored church, and that the only way back to God is through our Savior Jesus Christ. If anyone out there has any doubts or fears, please remember the spiritual experiences and testimony you already have, and trust God that he will answer your questions. I love all of y'all and hope you all have a great week! 
And now, the funny:
I was a participant of a bus crash! It's wasn't bad actually, a car scraped the side of the bus, so we had to wait for the driver to file a report. The good thing about this, is now I have something to brag about at zone conference. Also we have an excuse for being late to exchanges now, haha
I accidentally melted my name badge. It was clipped onto my coat and I left it next to the heater all night. Luckily for me, the clip and coat were unaffected. 
At zone conference, we had domino's pizza for lunch and I got too excited. I ended up having 5 pieces. If I get fat on my mission, it will be 100% my fault.
I just discovered that asda has Ben and jerry's ice cream. To my uttermost astonishment (book of Mormon reference, haha) they don't have empire mint. That's going to be the first ice cream I eat when I go back. They don't even have cookie dough :(
I got sick (Idk what I had) so we had to stay in for a day and I pretty much slept the WHOLE day. When I had to get up for ward counsel, I felt like I was walking out of a time machine. I was certain it was 3 in the afternoon, but it was actually 7pm. 
The elders dropped off medicine for us, but they got the dissolve one instead of the pills so I had to drink bitter chalk water for the week. Sister gaugau wouldn't let me put squash (condensed juice) in it either. 
McDonald's was doing a ticket thing where you get tickets to go with your meal. When I got mine, I ended up getting winning tickets for a coffee. (Couldn't trade it for a hot chocolate)
 Another day at McDonald's, I won an apple pie, chocolate muffin, and large coke all at the same time. I gave the tickets to the elders(except for the pie). I felt like I was making it rain.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...