Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 6!

Hey y'all!
This week was insane! So we have 11 new investigators and we were visiting all the investigators from last week. Most of them cancelled or didn't show up but we did get one lady who is coming to church with us next Sunday so that's fun! Tracting has been really good lately. People seem a lot more interested so it must be the new year. We also cleaned out our pantry because we didn't have lots of tea(tea means dinner in England) appointments this week. This next week is loaded though!  Bring on the potatoes and Yorkshire pudding! We did try a fish and chips place near our flat and it was cheap and greasy heaven. I asked for tartar sauce with mine and they gave me curry. One thing I noticed is that a positive missionary is a likeable missionary. Even if people aren't interested in your message, you still want to leave a good impression. Always be a good friend to everyone. The mission really taught me how to love. Love isn't just wishing someone well, but it is a principle of action. Jesus didn't stand in the sidelines and just say that person is great, he would go up to, serve, and spend time with. If you feel scared or too shy to show people you care then I have a piece of wisdom from my little sisters. Just Do It, don't let your dreams stay dreams, just Do It! Haha! I've found that everything is so much easier after the first time, so don't be afraid, just Do It! 
Love Sister Honkins 

And now, the funny stuff
I accidentally roasted a member during tea (dinner) he said his hobby was secret parkour (he was being sarcastic) and I asked if that was pretending to do parkour on the couch or something. His kids freaked out and so did I but for a completely different reason (I can never look him in the face again)
Elder Klitgaard and Elder Devonport retold the roasting story during district meeting. My embarrassment was successfully rekindled.
I'm so sick of chocolate that I'd rather be hungry then eat more chocolate for snack or lunch.
Elder klitgaard got a haircut and I didn't recognize him until he spoke. (He looks like stiles stilinski from teen wolf now)
Elder Devonport tossed me a bag of Oreos and I dropped it and Oreos flew everywhere. This was during coordination meeting. Why this? Why now?
One man told us that all the Gods were actually aliens with better technology we didn't understand. He should write a book.
I eat pizza with a fork and knife now. I am a true European. 
Seriously, eating pizza with a fork is so much easier.
We have a new stalker cat. This one let us pet it though, and sister Poussard picked it up and held it like a baby. I was very jelly.

*pictures.. The picture of Haley with Elder Carlson..I (Gwen) connected with his mom on the FB missionary moms page when we saw that our missionaries were in the same mission and the same area.. His mom joked with me that Haley would have no trouble spotting him. Elder Carlson is 7ft tall! Haley is 5'3". I asked Haley if she had met him yet, and she sent me the picture. Their height difference is comical! 
-Haley captioned the picture of her blistered heel saying she's a true missionary now! Looks like she's doing lots of walking! 
-And, typical  Haley is still doodling in her free time. I do love her artwork! ​








No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...