Monday, January 1, 2018

Week 5!!

Hey y'all! 

To this week was amazing!!! We saw so many miracles and found 10 new investigators!! We planned appointments for them all this week too so it'll be super busy! One of our miracles was a former investigators daughter. We stopped by th e ladys house not knowing she was a dropped investigator and she let us in! She introduced us to her daughter who was very religious and she was super interested! What are the odds that a former investigator would let us in while having family over? Definitely a miracle. Miracle number 2 was on the bus. Sister Poussard talked to a lady her first transfer who took a book of Mormon but didn't want to meet. Well on the bus she started talking to a lady who was the same person!! And she had read it and set up an appointment!!! Im not allowed to doubt anymore. January and February are winter months for England so the temperature dropped a bunch. I put an extra layer on my coat, and you'd be surprised the difference a scarf makes. With new years today, I'm sure everyone is making goals. I hope that everyone can make at least one spiritual goal. This is the best time of the year to start bettering yourself. Don't procrastinate eternal salvation. I love y'all and uh, I guess I write y'all next week.

Love, sister Honkins (Honkins is how her french companion prounounces Hawkins)

Funny stuff:
Sister Poussard is teaching me how to say pardon instead of huh, because huh is too ugly apparently
It was hailing but there were no clouds. God let Satan take control of the weather today
Fam in French means ladies. So when I say hey fam! I'm calling all the men ladies. I'm finding this very entertaining
There was this cat that stalked us for a whole block but wouldn't let us pet him. What his purpose was, I don't know
I got Christmas cards from the Oylers (I love y'all), and they must have sent them while I was still in the mtc. It took me a bit to realize that so reading them the first time was a bit confusing. You figure I'd be smart enough to know that the first time
One of our investigators toddler son accidentally called us. It was so cute!
I was being an overly indulgent dog petter during a dinner with a sister from our ward, and because of that, the dogs both tried to jump on me when I was giving the prayer. It was the most difficult prayer I'd have ever given. I LOVE dogs!
I've gained a reputation for weird questions so now I'm in charge of the weekly question for district night (phone call)
We had haggis (meat oatmeal cooked in a sheep's stomach) and I thought it was stuffing at first. Tasted good to me
One of the Danielles girls loves Hamilton too, and we sang some verses together. Now I have it stuck in my head again and I have to repent (not mission approved music) 
I literally can't get that stupid Aaron Burr sir song out of my head (this is your fault olivia) every day I repent for humming Hamilton. This has been one of my hardest challenges in the field. That and Disney music.
Made a mulan reference and sister Poussard laughed. ( the dishonor one naturally) 
Haley's email is hhawkins@myldsmail.net 

*Haley sent me some pics of her awesome artwork and a fun video of her and her companion Sister Poussard singing together. Haley said the busses were all closed for New Years so they didn't go anywhere other than close by in walking distance, so hopefully next week on Pday she'll be able to take and send some pictures of herself in England! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...