Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 7!

Hey y'all!
This week was a mix of rough at sweet. We found more people but we also met a bunch of angry people. I can take that off the checklist now. One of our progressing investigators dropped us but then he came back! He's really invested but because of some difficult parts of his life, he's been feeling a bit rushed. He keeps all his commitments so I know that he'll eventually be baptized. There's a couple other investigators that seem promising too! If you pray for miracles and commit to act on them, God will provide. 
On a funner note, I introduced sister Poussard to one of the greatest fruits of all time. Pomegranates!!! (I just wanted an excuse to eat one, haha) she loves them. One of the elders hasn't tried them before so I need to convince his companion to get one during groceries. Also this must be the cat mission because we see at least five a day and pet one. Because of this, I've gotten really good at not touching my face (I'm allergic). I've found that just looking for little bits of sunshine in your life can turn a whole day around. Even when we come across rude people or bad weather, pointing out all our blessings just makes those bad feelings disappear. Being grateful is such an important part of our life. Well I don't have much more to say so bye I guess

Love, Sister Honkins (Hawkins)



And here's the funny stuff
While we were doing companion study, the phone kept ringing and sister Poussard got really mad at it so I started laughing a bunch. It rang like 8 times. It was wild
I thought brother Smith was related to sister Smith but all three smiths in our ward have no link at all. How many smiths are in england???
We met this really polite dog that would gently tap your leg before he jumped on you
I got a scarf and the first ten minutes I had it, I spilled tomato soup on it
Whenever I annoy sister Poussard she'll walk in the middle of the road because it freaks me out.
There was a blip in the system and we missed interviews with the mission president so I'll have my first interview with him on Facebook messenger.
We still haven't put away our Christmas decorations
My slytherin pajama pants I bought had a rip in them! I threw away the receipt but luckily I brought a mini sewing kit so problem solved I guess (I was very offended)
I almost got to see a cat fight but sister Poussard scared them away (dang it!)
Someone passed around a bottle of gum in relief society and I thought it was a pill bottle. (Totally thought I was offered drugs in church)
I killed another spider! My assassin career is really taking off




** This is info Haley sent in her email to me. I didn't include it in the weekly email, but wanted to add it to her blog so that she can look back later and remember how much she walked on her mission. 

This week was so tiring. We walked So much. We literally walked about 12 miles on Tuesday. We missed the bus back from lightmoor so we decided it would be faster to walk instead of wait, and it was but still. I ended up sleeping for lunch like two times this week and you know what? My legs are going to be super nice when I come back. (The rest of me will just get fat). Idk actually, I've been chewing gum instead of snacking and we walk a lot so maybe I won't gain too much. The members do feed us a bunch of sugar though. We have zone conference next week and sister Poussard is super scared that she'll have to give a talk because president spoke to here about it during interview. I'm just scared cause it's the first time I'll use the train. And yes, I bought some tights and slytherin pajamas, and I covered the difference for groceries because we needed cleaning supplies and our reimbursement for the bus hadn't come in yet. 

**We loved the video she sent us last week of her trying the butter beer.. A friend in Clovis told me of a store in town that has it.. I went out and got some and took a video of Chris and the girls trying it out and we sent it to Haley. She thought it was hilarious!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...