Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 8!

Hey y'all! 
This week was my first zone conference! Is was great to hear the news from the mission president and to meet all the other missionaries! I also got to see my mtc companion, Sister Terry! It's amazing how everyone is so invested in the gospel. To any future missionaries reading this, don't worry about the experience or lack of that you have when you go out, because once you get set apart and as you're obedient, the spirit will guide you through your whole mission. There's never going to be a perfect area, companion, or investigator!, but there is the potential to have a good attitude. I talked to missionaries who were in the hardest areas, and who were pretty much glowing with the spirit! 
After zone conference, we met some new friends (investigators) And some less actives. A lot of these people really need a friend and it's so important that we remember them. It's easy to stay in your own group of friends where it's comfortable, but is that the best thing to do? One of the ladies we met knew sister Poussards dad when he was on his mission! It was so fun hearing stories about him. 
As for the weather, it rained the first half of the week, snowed for two days, and rained again. Now it's sunny though. Sister Poussard loves the snow and was having the time of her life in it. (To each their own I guess. I'll stay loyal to my desert) the snow didn't go too deep though, so that's nice I guess. The elders we blitzed with were constantly chucking snowballs at each other! Well I don't have anything else to say, so until next week! 
Love, Sister Honkins 

And now the funny stuff: 

one of the elders accidentally called sister poussard fat. she was pretending to be super offended and he was so scared
we saw some deer while we were on the bus. I wouldn't have noticed if the bus driver hadn't pointed them out
at zone conference there was pizza and one elder ate like seven slices. I want to know his secret.
everyone also got all their mail. it was like late christmas! thanks for the keyboard and new tablet case mom. thank you Oyler family for the  Christmas cards!
one elder literally got his christmas presents late, it was funny seeing him carry around festively wrapped packages
everyone has the flu including the members and investigators. one member told me about how a teenager in england died of the flu this year. luckily sister poussard and I are very healthy right now.
Sister Poussard was teaching a French man on messenger and she forgot how to speak French. the gift of tongues is real
It was snowing all morning and during church. Amazingly about half the members came. (In England when it snows everything shuts down) 
One of our single young adult investigators came to church and the gospel principles lesson was on temple marriage. Yep. 

*Haley sent me lots of pictures this week, so I'm one happy mom!! 
-In the picture with the sour face... Haley is showing me how much she loves the snow. ha! 
-The lady in the picture Haley said is a member in her ward (Sister Marshall)
-Haley bought herself some slytherin pajamas with some of her Christmas money. 
-Haley and the other missionaries went to a pizza place on their p-day. 
-The pictures of them all in front of the Telford sign are my favorite! It's great to see Haley happy working hard, and having a little fun too! 
-Haley's mission Presidents wife posted a few pictures from the Zone conference, so I was able to have the ones with Haley in them also! I love that she wore a bright yellow sweater that day. Made it very easy for me so see her! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...