Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 9!

Hey y'all! 
This week I had exchanges and it made me very grateful for the area I've been put in! Exchanges were in Runcorn and it's basically a large industrial city (not on the same scale as Manchester though). It made me very grateful to be in quiet, green, Telford! Sister Sutherland (my companion during exchanges) was absolutely lovely and she could walk FAST! It's a sign that I need to walk faster on my mission. After exchanges, it was back to the grind. We are really focusing on the less actives and finding new friends for the rest of this transfer. It's so important that we share what we know with everyone. You can tell that spring is on its way, because the spiders are getting bigger. The spiders here are massive! Way bigger than California spiders. It also was windy and rainy most of the week so I'm sure next week will be sunny (this will require a lot of faith)(haha). We also met this lovely lady who I'll call Sonia. She is very sensitive to the spirit and feels like her current church is missing something. She promised to read and pray about the book of Mormon and wants to meet again! Talking with her really made me realize how much having the authority in our church makes a difference. You can really feel when something is accepted by God. Like Moroni said, that anything good comes from God, we can see the good works of The Book of Mormon, and teachings of our prophets. By their fruits you shall know them. Don't let yourself become stagnant in the Gospel, keep looking for that feeling of peace and love you so much can feel! I love all of y'all and hope you all stay true to what you believe!
Love sister Honkins 

The funny stuff:
On exchanges, Sister Sutherland accidentally dropped the phone in her spaghetti! Luckily the phone, spaghetti, and carpet all survived.
While sister Poussard and I were on the train, every time another train went by in the window, I had a mini heart attack. The train was more stressful than bus contacting.
This cat literally followed us for an hour and a half while we were tracting (pictures will be included) I didn't hold it bc I'm allergic
We found the cats house too (it had a collar) it led us to a new area to tract!
We had to go down this scary road to go to a tea appointment. It was one of those country roads surrounded by trees with no lights, and it was completely dark out. I kept on thinking of slenderman
These kids thast sister Poussard gives French classes too, gave her a mini flower plant. I thought the leaves were plastic at first. Seriously, those leaves look so fake but  they're not??? Genetic unfairness I guess
It's been really windy lately, and at night it makes everything super creepy so I'm a bundle of nerves. Sister Poussard noticed that and decided to grab my back while I was knocking on a door, thus making me shriek. It's like living with mom all over again. (*Gwen here..this made me laugh so much! I totally miss scaring Haley all the time!)
Sister Poussard tries to hold every cat she sees! I only held one, but that's because I knew I'd be able to wash my hands in like five minutes.
The spiders are getting bigger. Soon I'll be the ultimate spider killer. Better watch out Spiderman, you can't run from the gospel! Lol 

*Haleys companion Sister Poussard and then Haley with the cat
*Haley said the lady with her is ​Anmarie Wilson who knew Sister Poussards dad while he was on his mission. I didn't get from Haley if her dad served in England also, or somewhere else.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...