Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 12!!

Hey y'all! This week was like being in the sand dunes on a dirt bike. Lots of ups and downs. We had a great time finding with the Wellington elders, and it made me realize how posh the sisters area is! (Finding in creepy neighborhood at night is so fun. I'm pretty sure one of the flats was abandoned). We also met a kind of mean couple who acted nice at first and invited us in, but they just wanted to bash the Mormons. The best thing you can do in a situation like this is to bear your testimony and say that you're really busy. Like the penguin of Madagascar say: just smile and wave boys. Haha. On a happier note, there was zone conference this week and the theme was being creative in street contacting and asking inspired questions. I'm good on having creative ideas, I just need to do them, haha. Also "parabolic" is really a word apparently. When pres McReynolds was speaking he asked if that was a word and I accidentally said 'no' out loud. Later when sister McReynolds was speaking, she mentioned that it was a word and pres McReynolds interrupted to tell me I was wrong (it was pretty embarrassing) (I think sister Poussard was more embarrassed than me though, sorry!) We also got to know a member of the ward better too! Sister Smith is lovely and she remembers a lot of the previous sister missionaries 
So the spiritual message for this week is to not be afraid to accept and enjoy God's blessings! There are so many times where we have opportunities to grow in life, but because of fear or unobservance we don't take them. Elder Uchtdorf had a video in Mormon messages of the man on the cruise. The man didn't want to spend too much money, so he brought his own meals. He still got to see the cities he was going too, but for most of the ride he spent in his room eating crackers and beans. At the end of the cruise,  he is told that all the parties and food on the cruise was included in the ticket. Like this man, a lot of people don't see the blessings and opportunities that God gives us. We can't let life become the same thing every day, we need to look for those chances that God has given us!
Well I love y'all a bunch and I'll write next week!

The funny stuff: 
The pigeons in England are massive! Seriously! The people here love to feed the birds (they like big birds and they cannot lie)
Also the seagulls here sound like screaming toddlers with strep throat.
Sister Poussard was playing football with a pebble and she accidentally knocked it down the gutter. Her sorrow was very great. My amusement was greater
We were at an investigators house and her dog was coughing on my bag. I moved it like two times bc I thought the dog might puke on it. (Never eat and bark at the same time)
We were walking to the bus station in the evening, and we passed by a man so I said hi because I'm a missionary, and the man asked us if we wanted to come with him to get a drink. Sister Poussard says that she gets to do the night street contacting from now on (Idk what she's so worried about, he wasn't that cute) haha
Sister Poussard keeps jump scaring me from around the corner. I hope this makes you laugh, mom.
I met Jacen Zunigas follow up trainee, elder Cottle!
The mission president came to our ward on Sunday without any warning. I was always told that if the mission president or the assistant presidents came over, it meant someone or the district was in trouble. It turns out it was just interviews
The new missionary (trainee) in our district looks eighteen but it turns out he's 22. His trainer is younger than him, lol

*Pictures-
-First few are from Zone conference that Sister McReynolds posted for us parents-
-Haley's muddy shoes.. she said she got stuck in the mud one day while taking a shortcut. 
-A valentine treat bag from the youth in her ward. 
-The two new Elders in her district. Elder Van Skeltema from South Africa (in the red tshirt) and Elder Artartes from the Philippines.
-7ft tall Elder Carlson next to Elder Artartes. Haley said she is taller than Elder Artartes, so Elder Carlson must seriously tower over him! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...