Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 11!

Email Haley at hhawkins@myldsmail.net

So this week was amazing and exhausting! We found a lot of new people and visited some less actives. We had to give at least a third of the new friends to the Elders in our district though (they were single men or in the Wellington area). The members love to stuff us too! On Sunday we had a munch and mingle and then for tea we were with a family where the father is an amazing cook! I felt like I was going to pop after it! Especially when he brought out the Apple cobbler. I may or may not have gained weight after that meal. We also saw a miracle when a random lady came to church with her children and decided to meet the missionaries! Hopefully we'll be able to see her this week. I don't have a lot of time this week so I just want everyone to know that it doesn't matter what your situation in life is, or your skills or personality. God has calling for all of us and it is up to us whether or not we want to accept it. And I know, that if we accept his plan, there won't be room enough for all the blessings he will pour down on us. Elder Uchtdorf speaks in a Mormon message called the shower of blessings, and in it he talks about how God is constantly raining down blessings on us. How we receive them is our choice. I love all of y'all and hope you all have a great week

Love Sister Honkins 

The funny moments 
A lady asked us if we were God people, and when I said yes she deadpanned with no and slammed the door. If someone told me they were a god person I'd be curious. Idk what the thought process was.
The new elder in Wrekin ward is from the Philippines and he's so adorable that I almost hugged him. I'm not kidding.
When we were at a lesson, this dog would not leave sister Poussard alone. It was being super playful during the whole lesson including prayer. I tried getting it's attention, but it knew I was a dog person so I wasn't challenge enough apparently (kind of hurt my feelings)
I accidentally deleted our district leaders number
A lady that we were seeing was roasting French people the whole time and I was stuck between laughing at sister Poussard or being offended on her behalf.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The lady also called Americans mongrels but it's kinda true tho (she's actually really nice and was teasing us, and we had a very spiritual lesson with her) (she does like to make fun of the French in ww2)
There was a munch and mingle after church and the members sent us home with TONS of food. We prob won't even need groceries for a while.
We broke the door handle in the Wellington building (it was already loose apparently)



*Pictures..
-Haley bought herself a cute new coat.
-Haley said the Sister Training leaders in Crewe wanted pictures of all the Newcastle zone sisters, so of course in true Haley style, those are the pictures she and Sister Poussard sent. ha!
-more Haley drawings..
-I'm assuming the door handle they broke. lol
-My favorite of course is any videos Haley sends me. Funny thing too.. Notice how she calls me mama. I've always hated being called Mama and prefer mom.. Haley started calling me mama as a joke and to be a stinker way back.. now of course I love to hear her voice calling me mama. She is the only one who can get away with that too!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...