Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 16!! IT FLIPPING SNOWED AGAIN

Hey everyone (I'm trying to quit y'all, too many people think I'm country)!

This week was busy busy. Lots of calling by people we found last week, tea appointments, and stress from transfers and the ice. Since transfers were coming up, a lot of members invited us over for tea, so we had to sidewalk a lot. Also, a missionary usually calls by a new or potential investigator a lot of times before we drop them. You never know what time they'll be in. We also called by our recent converts a bit. The weather the beginning of the week was really nice, but the end it just dropped and there was ice everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I still haven't achieved my goal of having an icicle fight. We got the call for transfers, and I am............staying! Sister Poussard is leaving for runcorn to be an stl (Sister Trainer Leader). I'm pretty sad, but I'll still see her on exchanges and zone conference so that's twice a transfer as long as we stay in the same zone. My new companion will be sister gougou (pronounced now-now), who is from Australia. I haven't met her yet so more on her the next week. 
For our weekly spiritual thought we have obedience! In the church, we have a line which nobody is allowed to cross. No coffee, no alcohol, stay chaste, etc. When Heavenly Father gave us these guidelines, he expects us to never cross the line, but how do we do that? We stay as far away as possible. Even if you're a little bit close to the line, the temptation and risk is still there. Of course we can't avoid temptation completely, but we can put ourselves in a better position to resist it. 

And now the funny stuff 
Everyone in the district has pulled down my beanie at least once. I wear one everywhere because of the wind. They tell me it's irresistible
It was 10 degrees Celsius one day. I didn't even need a cardigan. The next day it was snow and blizzard. Today was ice and -2 degrees. We lost 12 degrees in 2 days.
We were expecting 3 investigators at the relief society birthday, and not a single one came, so we had to tract instead. #missionlife
When sister Poussard got the phone call for stl, she sat down on the floor. Normally I would just let her stress for five minutes, but she did it in the LIBRARY! I had to convince her to get up.
I tried convincing the elders that I was being sent to the isle of man (an island in my mission) but I have no lying skills.
I've left my beanie on the bus twice. I have no idea how I still have them all.
There's this towel in the flat I call the towel of shame. It has the face of all the band members of one direction on it. It's hideous and I use it to clean the floor. The towel of shame doesn't deserve to be a bath towel 
*This last story Haley sent to me in her personal email and I laughed so hard! Haley gave me permission to share it here in this email.....
so I was going to bed and sister Poussard said goodnight little devil, so without thinking I said goodnight big mama. She told the elders, but it was a mistake because they started calling her big mama too. When we were at McDonald's, she asked if I'll call sister gougou big mama too, and I said that she was the only big mama for me and it set the district off again.

*pictures.. Haley sent these in a bunch of different emails so I'm not positive which description goes with which picture.. Haley will have to sort that out later in her blog. 


-Brother Bronlow served in Canada, the truly cold country, and sister Bronlow is an Amazing chef and was on a British baking show once I think. The other picture is Julia and her daughter niesha. Julia is one of the hardest working people I know and has amazing faith 
-The couple is a family of one of our members, the lady is Kim. She's super sweet and has a wild dog. I don't know the man very well. The other lady is one of our investigators, rosemary, and she's super faithful and sassy lol
-This family is yi and her daughter Celine. Yi is super clever and she's has very strong faith. She's a very observant person who easily sees the blessings in her life
-The lady sitting down is sister Lloyd. She has some health problems but she never complains. She's also really funny! The other lady is sister Thompson and she's really nice and loves music!
-Kims crazy dog



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...