Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 17! I'm now a friend to Australia

This week was both stressful and fun! My first time leading an area taught me how easy it is to get lost. It also taught me to trust my companion a lot more too! So transfers happened and sister Poussard has left for runcorn to be an stl. My new companion is sister Gaugau from Sydney Australia. She's raised Australian but comes from a Samoan family of 12!(including her) I'm sorry mom, but your family is no longer the biggest. This week was mostly cleaning out the area book and calling by the people sister Poussard and I had found. We have two reactivated investigators weren't interested before, but are again so that's nice. Other than that, nothing to report really. 
This week's spiritual message will be on one of my favorite people in the old testament......joseph! (And the Technicolor dreamcoat, haha). Joseph is the perfect example of dealing with trials. Despite everything he went through, he was able to turn the situation around. Become a slave in Egypt? Now he's the manager. Go to jail? Now he's the jail manager. Interpret this dream? Now hes pharaohs manager. In all seriousness though, we should take Joseph's example of faith and positivity. Because he was willing to see his trials, not as a punishment, but as an opportunity from God, he was blessed during them. You can see that because of his faith, each trial left him in a better position than before, and finally leaving him the ability to save his family from famine. I promise that if we trust the Lord and exercise faith in him, he will give us those blessings.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, it was a busy week, but here's the funny moments 

So when we were at tea with yi (amazing recent convert) she was teasing her daughter about possibly staying home while she was at work. Celine answer was that she couldn't stay because she didn't know how to feed the fish (truer words never came from another five year old)
Celine was also getting worked up about it and she yelled out, this is Simple!, with the sass of a 13 year old. Sister gaugau, yi, and I were dying.
The neighborhood cat (the black one) tried to follow us to the flat. Sorry buddy, no pets allowed!
There are these shopping trolleys (trolleys are shopping carts) at asda(English walmart) and there are signs posted everywhere that say the trollies won't cross the red line. After the elders and us were dropped off after our tea, we decided to test those signs. It works. This was probably the dumbest thing I've done on my mission so far.
I accidentally led everyone in a circle back to asda on the way home. This is the extent of my sense of direction. I had a map app and everything too 

Pictures..They made nutella donuts on Pday.
Video Sister Gaugau took of them testing the trolley on the red line. haha!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...