Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 21! Saw my big mama again

So this week was soooooo busy. We were finding and street contacting a bunch but didn't find anyone unfortunately. We also had exchanges with the runcorn sisters and guess who I was with!?! (Drumroll please.....) Sister Poussard! It was a bunch of fun being with her for the day. During exchanges, we met with this lady who used to be a member and was taking the discussions again. It was amazing to see someone who really wanted the gospel! It really helped my testimony of the value of baptism and the affect the gospel has on our lives! It was a really short exchange tbh, because the runcorn sisters were expecting another set of sisters the next day. I'm glad we got to go though. The rest of the week was tracting, street display, and going to lessons where the people don't show up (#missionlife). Also it was summer weather according to the locals. (Like 70 fahrenheit haha)
This week's spiritual thought is on charity! So we all know charity is the pure love of Christ, but how and are we seeking charity? It is stated in the book of Moroni chapter 10, that if you have charity, it will be well with you in the last day. The book of Mormon and the bible describes charity as the pure love of Christ and they also list a bunch of Christlike attributes to go with, like kind, long suffering etc. In the general conference talk, charity never faileth by Silvia H Allred, she describes charity as not a single act or something we give away but a state of being, a state of the heart, kind feelings that engender loving actions. So how do we gain charity? First is to pray for charity, and to see your neighbors as God sees them. Next is to act. We all have good intentions and ideas to serve, but if me never do it, then they're both but ideas. A popular saying on the mission is: goals without action is daydreaming. I promise that as we act on good promptings to serve and love others, that charity will come! I hope everyone has a great week! 

The funny stuff: 
So for the first time since I stepped foot in England, I didn't wear tights or leggings. It felt amazing
I have a tights addiction. Every time we go to a shop on Monday, I always have to look at the tights. I don't know why, they're all the same, but I Have to look!
We have exchanges again this week, but it's the end of the month, so we have no money. Like half of what the mission teaches you is how to be broke, but still do stuff.
My district has been talking about a possible nerf gun war for Monday. If that happens, I'm hiding from sister gaugau. She's savage, you don't mess with her.
On the train ride to runcorn, I found a ladybug, and basically kept it in my hands until the next stop. I don't understand bug logic, because the whole time I had it on the bus, it was trying to fly away, but once I got it outside, I had to blow it off my hand.
I always look both sides of the street, even on one way roads. Wanna know why? BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHICH SIDES THE CARS ARE ON!!! I'm still a bit bitter about this part  of england.
I met a dog that snorted just like Jake and it totally made me homesick.
Sister Poussard kept messing with my hair, so by the end of the exchange, any effect my hair spray had was lost. It's ok though, because I kept calling her big mama.
I drew a reverse mermaid in sister pogisho testimony book (by request). If anyone doesn't know what a half mermaid is: basically a fish head and fins, but with human legs 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...