Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 20! I SAW THE PROPHET!!! (On the screen)

So this week was pretty great! We started off strong with a lot of finding, and at the end of the week, we found 6 new people! Two of them we already had a lesson with, and they are so great! They're both into deep questions, aliens, and their ancestors. My kind of people. Not too much else for the rest of the week though, just finding and ,calling by people. The missionary life is very glamorous. Spring is finally here, so flowers and trees are resurrecting, grass is 20% greener, and the april showers ard in full effect. England isn't that cold, it's just wet! 

The real event for this week though, was the brodcast to England by president Nelson, accompanied by his wife, elder Holland, and sister Holland. When they spoke, the spirit was so strong. Also, I alaaays saw president Nelson as a serious man, but he was cracking jokes right and left. It was so cute! President and sister Nelson spoke about a lot of things, but one of the main themes was ministering. I don't know too well what ministering will involve, but when our prophet spoke about it, he described it as Christlike service. The whole point to ministering is to serve out of love and not out of a need for numbers. We need to really put these new changes into force if we want it to work. Another thing he talked about was temple work. A lot of people on the other side of the veil have accepted the gospel, but need someone to make the covenant for them. Temple work isn't just a chore, but it is making it possible for our ancestors to receive exaltation! That's all I can remember right now, so I will write again next week
The funny moments:
Ladies and gentlemen, it is now spring and do you know what that means? FOG!!! (Yessssss)
Also, daffodils have overtaken the country, they're everywhere.
So we were going to a members house, and I got us lost Again! The worst part was that I've been to this family like 3 times already.
So we were talking to this kid and his mom, and he told us that God was an alien because aliens are not of this earth, and since God made the earth, but he doesn't live on it, that makes him an alien technically. (Mind blown!) Nothing I could have said would have beaten that reasoning.
We were in McDonald's and I was drawing in my notebook (don't judge me) and this kid was watching. Every now and then, you can sense a kindred spirit, and I was having one of those moments. I drew her a dog, and she got super excited and told me about how she just started learning to draw realistic art! Wherever you may be little artist kid, keep on drawing, you made my day!
If you ever need a quick power rush, just find one of the double decker busses and ride on the top floor. I felt like a bird, being able to see everything!
So I had to talk to the mission nurse, and one of the things she prescribed was vitamin d and fish oil. The fish oil is Foul! Opening the bottle was like opening a can of soda, and then there was the fish smell. Not the good kind either. It smells like a Monterey bay restaurant trash bin, after a heat wave.
We saw a three wheeled car that was driving??!! Idk how the driver even managed that? It must have taken a lot of stuff to balance it out. 

Pictures, a train station, our church sign, and the biggest coolest church I've seen yet! 
*the rest of the pictures Haley sent later.. Her district went out to pizza for lunch and obv had fun. I absolutely love to see her smiling like that. It makes me happy to know she's having fun along the way as she works hard! ​


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...