Monday, April 30, 2018

Week 22! Goodbye Wrekin!

So transfers came in and I'm going to chorley!! It's right next to the Preston temple and it's basically British Utah. It's been pretty fast this week. We had transfers planning, interviews, and sister gaugau got sick. We ended up staying in the flat for the majority of it, so I got a bunch of reading and drawing done. My new companions will be sister Wilkerson, from Utah, and sister Colinares, from the Philippines. It's going to be weird being in a trio but everyone says it'll be a bunch of fun. Sorry if this is short, I don't have a lot of time to email. Until next week!!
The funny moments:
So during district meeting, elder nogueira had a role play on listening to your investigators. He called me up and told everyone that they had to listen to me talk about my dog. Then he said kidding, and everyone just lost it. I was so disappointed. I was armed with like 4 dog stories.
Sister gaugau got sick during the week (stomach something, my theory was food poisoning. Bless) so we had to stay in for about 2 days this week. I ended up reading most of the ensign magazines from my birth year up, listened to general conference again, and finished three coloring book pages.
I almost cried when I ran out of my white pencil, but then I realized that I brought backups and it turns out I have four.
Our interviews were in Shrewsbury so we had to get up at 5:30 to go on time. Neither of us were pleased with this.
I've seen deer two times on my mission now. (They're really small in england)
Shrewsbury church has a Lego model of the Preston temple in their foyer. It has a framed article about it and everything. It's awesome!
A 12 year old chav winked at me during street display. (I bet my face was all like ???)
We had interviews with president on Friday and everyone got to hear who their new companion was except sister gaugau. She was really salty about this.
Since the Manchester mission is downsizing, a lot of areas that had two sets of missionaries now only have one. The wrekin area only has a set of sisters now. You know what that means? We get ALL the tea appointments! (Except I won't be there to enjoy it, but that's beside the point).












No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...