Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 23! Chorley is too pretty

This week was intense. Chorley is super busy and since we are over ward 3 and 4, we have extra people to work with. A lot of people we work with too are less actives and recent converts too. Also because there's so many members here, we get fed every day. I'm definitely going to gain weight this area. Every member here seems to think that the missionaries are starving. The only thing I'm starving for is proper seafood and Beef jerky (if any of y'all are feeling generous, just send some jack links original, lol). The Chorley area is really beautiful too! It has a lot of old churches and buildings, and it has a lot of forest, flowers and blossom trees. My companions are really great too! We named our messenger group the powerpuff girls, I'm buttercup, sister colinares(Philippines) is bubbles, and sister Wilkinson(utah) is blossom. We're into the same stuff including music so our companionship is singing fall out boy and panic at the disco in the evenings. 
For our spiritual thought the theme is: Jesus Christ's childhood! Unusual right? In the scriptures, Jesus was described as having grown from grace to grace, or in other words, he learned one thing at a time. He spent his very early childhood in Egypt, until herod died, and then moved to Nazareth. He had little siblings and lived in a modest home. He was trained as a carpenter and when he was twelve he showed a large understanding of the gospel by teaching scribes and doctored at the temple. The scriptures (and Jesus the christ), don't tell us much more about Jesus's childhood but there is one thing we can learn from this. Jesus learned things one by one, and had no full recollection of the pre earth life. This makes the atonement an even bigger miracle! I think it's amazing that someone would trust and love so deeply that they could live a completely sinless life. The atonement was a miracle. 
The funny stuff:
When sister gaugau and I got to Manchester, we just stayed at the train station waiting for the other missionaries not realizing they were already there. We waited like 20 minutes too.
Last pday with Wrekin district, we hiked the wrekin mountain. Sister gaugau and I didnt think we were going though (the elders made us come last minute) so we ended up hiking in our dresses.
The first thing I bought in Chorley was two pomegranates. I'm so predictable.
We were with a recent convert, and while we were walking, this Labrador came out of the Lake, and started booking it toward us. Like this dog was making dirt fly (and water bc he was really wet). We just started screaming/laughing bc all of us were in nice clothes. Luckily he didn't jump, I did pet him, it was amazing.
We also gave in to our inner child and went on the slide. Videos will be included.
I got to hold this super polite hamster who gently nibbled my hands bc they smelled like food. It was so cute that I almost cried.
During street display, this man told me to get lost, so my natural defense was to be extra cheery. The best way to get back at angry people is to be extra friendly and smile really hard at them. It frustrates them to no end but they can't do anything about it because they'll look like jerks in front of everyone else, haha.
Sister Wilkinson always says lol out loud, in normal conversations. 

*Gwen here.. Sister Wilkinsons parents are from Fresno before they moved to Utah. Chris and I knew them wayyy back in what was then called the university ward. Small world!!! Another funny note.. Haley kept calling her Sister Wilkerson..you can hear her in the video.. I corrected her when I emailed her today and told her it was Wilkinson. haha! I imagine Haley has been saying her name wrong all week and Sister Wilkinson hasn't corrected her?? Too funny!

*Also Haley loves me so much and sent TONS of pictures this week!!! 






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...