Monday, May 28, 2018

Week 26!! Happy Birthday to me

Happy birthday to me, my desk is filthy, I smell like a monkey, and I'm always hungry! (A birthday song made by myself, sung to the tune of the birthday song). So this week was really jam packed! We found three new investigators and three potential ones the first 2 days. Two of the investigators are Jehovah witnesses from Spain (not sure what their stance is yet actually) and a man from China (very interested and promising). There was also the small event of my birthday! We celebrated by going to Fredricks(ice cream) with some YSA and an investigator. Ice cream and lesson. We also had sports night with the YSA and invited another investigator who came. The sad part of the week, was the day after I got super sick. Sores on my throat, weakness, and a temperature. The elders had a baptism so we still went to that, but I crashed afterwards. Sunday rolls around and I'm still sick. We still go to church but I'm dead by the end of it (we cover 2 wards so we're in church from 9 till 5pm.) I'm still sick today but recovering at least. 
The funny stuff: 
We had a gardening service project for the neighbor of sister perreno, and when we were emptying some pots, we found a frog. Of course I had to pick it up, and sister perreno is terrified of slimy animals, so long story short, I chased her with a frog. (She forgave me)
When we were at Fredricks (English cold stone)(but not as good) I dropped my ice cream cone like 3 times. 
I also dropped my fork on sister colinares dress. I was really clumsy that day.
There was this car that came up to sister Wilkinson and I when we called it, and then it ran past us. The little jerk
I got really sick on Saturday so we had to stay in. When I went for a nap, it was one. When I woke up it was 6pm. It was an amazing experience 
Now that my mission has smart phones, the missionaries send emojis in every text. EVERY TEXT. My favorite is the upside down smiley face. 
Literally everyone knows about my pomegranates addiction to the point where the zone leaders gave me one for my birthday. I'm really predictable 

Pictures..
-The Blackburn street display. 
-Lunch with the Coleman's and sister merrick. 
-Pictures from last pday. 
-Tea with the chadwicks 
-Haleys grey (now looking brown) boots that are starting to look pretty warn.. she walks a ton! I think she said -probably around 5-10 miles a day depending on the day. 
-the pictures of Haley with Sister Sidney Sever (Elder Houston photobombing in the background) Back story on Sister Sever. Sister Sever grew up in Hanford.. for those in PW ward, Sidneys mom Pam is Lana Whites sister. Pam and Lanas sister Michelle and I were great friends and hung out all through high school. My sister dated Sidneys dad Parker before his mission (which he served in England!) Anyway, Haley and Sidney received their calls within a week of each other and Haley entered the MTC I think 1or 2 months before Sidney. Since Haley and Sidney had never met, Pam and I got together for a lunch date with them before they both left. They're now in the same zone! I'm so glad Haley got a picture of them together! It would be so awesome if they have the chance to be companions sometime during their missions! 
And the video of Haley "singing" she's getting over being sick I guess and is totally being a dork. ha! It makes my heart happy to see her laughing and getting along so well with her companions! 
-her explanation of the funny pic of her and sister Sever is that she wasn't ready for the pics as they were being taken. 
-The other pic of her in the tie dye (she asked for a tie dye shirt for her bday) you can't see the shirt well, but I found someone in England who made them..it's a UK flag tie dyed on the front. .. in the pic Haley is opening her bday package..sadly its too expensive to send cute personalized packages from home, but thankfully it's cheap to send packages from UK Amazon so I can still send her things!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...