Monday, July 9, 2018

Week 32!! Baby's first fireside

This week was insane. I don't even remember most of it. We did find a bunch of friends and had a bunch of appointments canceled on us (#missionlife) we also had a really funny miracle this week! So sister Gilland found a new friend and put his contact details on her tablet notes. The problem is that she closed the tab without saving her notes. She yells at me (I'm on the other side of the park chatting people up) to run after her. Then she books it so I have to run after her (stay in sight and sound) and I have no idea why we are running so I'm pretty annoyed by now. We run halfway through the park and up the street before she stops. She was running after the man to get his details back but she had lost him. When she checked her tablet a min later though, all the stuff appeared back! (#godisrealfolks) she was super stoked (and I was angry and out of breath, I got excited later though). We also had a new member fireside where all the new members share their story. It was super spiritual and it helped me remember the difference that the gospel makes for people.
The funny stuff:
My forgetfulness has passed on to sister gilland. She forgot her name badge the other day.
Elder Adams started cheering for a cloud. We haven't had rain in like a month, and England doesn't know how to handle that. It was the first cloud we've seen in a week.
England won a game against Sweden and we were walking through astley village when it happened. All you could hear was this cheer.
Some pastor bashed sister Gilland because he wasn't let inside the temple.
To annoy me, sister Gilland would always sing songs slowly that aren't meant to be slow. She sings 'make a man out of you' like it's a funeral March.
I've accidentally found like 5 words that are curses in England but normal in America.
We gave a temple grounds tour to a shirtless dude. He loved it.
We were planning on just getting me a haircut, but sister read offered one to sister gilland too. It took a lot of convincing though because she was so scared to cut her hair.
 ** Pictures.. the pictures of them all holding the drinks is her district (minus the YSA girl Jess who is taking the selfies) Elder Adams is the tall blond, Elder Webb is the blond in the back, Elder Casidibari is the Italian brunette, Sister Thompson is the blond and Sister Pogisho is the one with curly hair and the tan and of course her comp Sister Gilland. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...