Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Week 33! Happy Birthday Sister Gilland!

So it was sister Gillands birthday this Sunday. It was super fun! The Elders made pancakes for lunch, the stls got a cute card, Jess had us over for tea, and Emma and Georgina made a (really pretty) cake. Good day. (I drew her a picture). This whole week was pretty great actually. The weather cooled down and it rained overnight a bunch so no more allergies! This week we had a lot of Street displays and church events. Most Fridays we have a sports night with the ysa. This week was kickball. It was really funny watching elder Adams trying to teach a bunch of English kids how to play kickball. They all got really into it though. We also got to teach Josh again and taught the plan of salvation in front of the temple. I am so blessed to be near a temple. Just being there instantly brings the spirit! Also transfers happened, and Sister Gilland and I are staying together. No change there. 
This week's spiritual thought is temples. How lucky are we to have a way to seal families? And perform works for our ancestors? Temples are not only a gift but are also proof of the perfectness of God's plan. Because of temples and the ordinances inside, it's possible for Everyone to come to heavenly father again. No matter where and when you lived, what you learned, and who you grew up with;everyone gets that chance. I'm just so grateful that we have something so special in our lives and I really encourage all of you who are reading this to try to visit the temple this month.
Funny stuff:
Mission security gave all the missionaries an early curfew because of the world cup.
I was bragging about my ice cold water when I dropped my water bottle and dented it pretty good. Karma man
Like nobody in England uses ice, so getting ice at a tea appointment is a Huge treat. I had been putting ice in my (thermal) water bottle and Jacob (who was joining us for a Street display) asked for a swig. Of course I have to help a brother out so I gave him some. His reaction was like he drank the nectar of the gods (according to him). I love English people.
By request, I drew elder casidebari fighting a lion. I wanted it to be missionary appropriate so I made it look like he was hitting the lion with a book of Mormon. I should've used a Bible though because bibles are thicker so it would've been a better weapon. 
England lost the semifinals of the world cup and the ysa group chat was all gifs of sad crying people. I'm actually really sad too. :(
The Welsh word for microwave is pipty-popty. The welsh word for jellyfish is wibbly-wobbly. Either welsh is the weirdest language ever or someone is pulling my leg
When we were walking in town center, I saw what I thought was a dead pigeon but as we came closer I realized it was actually a massive pet lizard. Pictures will be included. Needless to say, I fell in love with a very charming lizard named Zeus.
So Sister Poussard would always mess up my hair, and she taught Sister Pogisho to do it too before she transferred to Chorley. Now Sister Pogisho is going home (she's done folks) and guess who she's  being replaced with........ Sister Poussard! My hair will be forever ruined.
I really dislike having pday on Tuesdays. Waking up on Monday was so sad. I woke up super excited to email, remembered that it's a normal day, then felt like someone just shot my dog. (I'm sure all you return or current missionaries can relate)
One of our investigators likened Charlie and the chocolate factory to the garden of eden. This what he said: The chocolate factory has some interesting parallels to the garden of eden: a benevolent creator of the factory gives innocent creatures not fruits but things that are just as sweet, he tells the children not to do certain things but use their agency to get what they want; breaking the rules and therefore being punished by Willy Wonka. 

*Transfers are today and Haley said 
Blackburn is getting two new Elders who she don't know yet, the zone leaders are the same, and Sister Gilland and Haley are staying together. For the stls, Sister Thompson is staying and Sister Pogisho goes home and Sister Poussard (Haleys trainer..aka Big Mama) is replacing Sister Pogisho. 

*Pictures:
Elder Casidebaris picture, some mushrooms that look strangely like bread, and the very handsome lizard named Zeus
A picture Haley drew for Sister Gilland for her birthday.
Haleys district..before transfers.
The Ensign article of Elder Carlson and Artarts. They were in Haleys district a few transfers ago and Haley said great things about them both. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...