Thursday, July 26, 2018

Week 34! Whats around the Riverbend?

There is opposition in all things, except for FridayFriday rocked. It was pretty hard finding people this week. England seemed to be in a state of grumpiness all week. Not much else to say there. Friday was really nice though. We did a surprise visit for Eyesha, one of the members, and ended up helping her move her bed and wardrobe which was really fun. Later that evening, we had a lesson with Josh and Jacob and Stephan (two recent converts) ended up sitting in. It was like having two powerhouses to back us up. The lesson went great and Josh came with us to sports night right after. Because the cultural hall was being used for a wedding, we ended up playing uno, hide and seek, and signs. I found that a lot funner than volleyball actually. Also on Sunday, sister Gilland and I gave talks! Mine was on daily scripture study, and sis Gilland had daily prayer. I was supposed to be 7 min, but ended up being 5 because I talked too fast. Nerves man

Anyways, this week's spiritual thought is why do bad things happen to good people? Why do we have opposition? It's a fact of life that everyone will have bad experiences, hard trials, or be affected by others choices. Nobody s exempt from that. No matter how well you keep the commandments of God, you will still have hard times in your life. In the book of mormon, alma and amulek had to watch all these people they taught be put to death by fire. Amulek asked Alma why he didn't call down the power of God to save all of those people. Almas reply was: alma 14: 11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the blood of the innocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day."

God never allows good people to suffer without promising his blessings. He loves us and knows that we need trials to become strong snd help others. The only thing we need to do is to continue choosing the right and turning to god. We are responsible for our own salvation, and nothing anyone does to us can change that. I love all of you and hope you all have a great week!

*Funny moments of the week! 
I opened my cereal box from the bottom and now I have to be extra careful not to spill it.
When we were walking, we saw a dude driving and reading a book at the same time.
Things sister Gilland is good at: intentionally singing off key to annoy me.
While we were in a coordination meeting, I was really struggling with my personal demons (picking my hair) so I drew on my hand instead (which isn't much better tbh) (I need a fidget toy). Elder casidebari was very impressed with the drawing though.
We were playing hide and seek for sports night (I didn't plan this) and sister Gilland, Emma, georgina and I decided to hide under all the chair stacks in the cultural hall. The problem with that though was that sister Gilland, Emma, and georgina are all skinnier than me. Long story short, I got stuck at a right angle and they had to move a stack so I could wriggle out.
Two people hid in the elevator and nobody considered it an option so it took forever to find them.
When we were having a lesson by the baptismal font, the stls were in a room near it ad we didn't know. I saw them awkwardly try to sneak out during the lesson and I had to pray twice to keep myself from laughing while we were talking about the holy ghost.
We were moving a bed and wardrobe for one of our members, and when we were flipping over the bed frame sister Gilland DROPPED it on Me! (don't worry it was really light so it didn't hurt) (scared me pretty bad though)
It's gotten to the point where sister Gilland can pinpoint the exact moment when I'm about to quote Hamilton songs. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...