Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Week 35! Road Trip!

This week went by really fast and tbh I don't even remember most of it. We got some crazy weather and there was a flower show in Astley Park, so tons of people were in town this week. (missionaries couldn't go bc it was on Saturday and it cost 10 pounds to get in). There was also a baptism this week for Vivian, a girl that the elders are teaching. It was super fun and you could tell that she was on a spiritual high from girls camp before. This Monday we had zone conference and instead of the usual meetings, we went on the mission history tour. It was the same one I went on in the MTC but it was just as good! We ended the tour with a departing testimony meeting inside of a catholic chapel. 
For this week's spiritual thoughts, I'll put some fun facts from the England Manchester Mission. 1.the first group of missionaries in a foreign mission were the ones going to England. They were led by Heber C Kimball. 2. On the 30th of July 1837, President Kimball and the other missionaries were attacked by evil spirits. 3. The first person baptized in England was George watt, who won a footrace against another man for the right to be the first one baptized. 4. The pearl of great price was first printed and published in Liverpool, England. 5. The majority of our prophets served in the England Manchester Mission or another England mission.
Funny stuff:Sister Gilland told me that poptropica is like the mission. You have people who give you clues, you have to find keys, sometimes your keys don't work in different areas, and most of the time you just end up walking around aimlessly.
Language barrier moment #23: in kickball, elder casidebari didn't know the word bounce, so he told the pitcher "make sure the ball does not jump". Now everyone says it.
I took like 3 iron tablets one day because I was really tired and I forgot that I had already taken 1 for the day. Apparently if you take more than the normal dose of iron, I can provide laxatives like effect. I had to get up twice in the middle of the night.
I have almost 40 pounds in change now. At this point, the only thing keeping me from exchanging it to cash is my laziness.
When I was doing laundry in the morning, I saw a really big spider so I stomped on it really hard (barefoot) (I was really tired man). It turned out to be a hairball from the dryer.
We were hit on like 3 times one day(new record). One of the pickup lines was: can I have your snap chat, because your looking awfully gorgeous tonight. (that was from a 12 year old chav on a scooter) (they do that all the time)
During sports night we played volleyball and I'm actually hitting the ball properly at least half the time now. I did mess up 2 times, both events resulting into smacking the ball into my own face.
Also during sports night, one of the ysa (I won't name names) summersaulted to his teams side when he got picked. The problem was that his foot caught the volleyball net and brought it down, almost hitting another ysa, and making everyone scream. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. best sports night ever. 
When we were sleeping, a drunk dude at 4 in the morning started ringing our doorbell and the other doorbells in the building. He was screaming a bunch but I was too tired to care. Sister Gilland got super scared though. I don't see the problem, it's not like he can get in without a key. 
On our way to the Morrisons(shopping for tea), sister Gilland found a snail and we decided to keep it. It had like 6 names because we couldn't decide. When we got to Morrisons, we left it outside with the hope that it would still be there. When we got out, we watched as this random dude picked it up and walked away with our snail. Sister Gilland was so sad and kept complaining about how we were bad mothers. I just thought it was funny that we got out at that exact moment to see our snail get stolen. 
On the way home it hailed super hard. I'm taking hail balls the size of my thumbnail. They hurt really bad too. We had to get shelter under an overhang for a while.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...