Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Week 59! I'm gonna get so fit in Macclesfield

In Macclesfield, we walk everywhere. Basically everywhere. I got a weekly bus pass (biggest one available) but the busses don't go to many places and they're all like every hour so walking is our main mode of transport. I was also a master chef this week and taught myself how to make pork stir fry. There weren't a lot of spices left for cooking when sister Simonson and I moved in, so I've been getting creative. I found that cooking is really stress relieving so I'm always wanting to cook at least one nice meal a week. We also received a referral from a member in another part of England. He wanted us to visit his great aunt as she is struggling with her health, and when we did she was super nice and interested! She'll be getting surgery soon though, so keep her in your prayers. 
One thing I wanted to talk about this week was humility. It's basically the opposite of pride, and some qualities of humility are being teachable, patient, and willing to change. Humility and pride are a choice. Nobody can force you to learn, you chose to do so yourself. There's lots of examples of that in the scriptures too: like Alma and the priests of Noah. All of them had the opportunity to hear Abinidi but the difference between them and Alma, was that Alma was humble enough to listen. Because he listened, he was able to, with God's help, lead a group of people away before their city was destroyed. When he was listening to Abinidi he could've easily said 'this isn't for me' or 'what does he know' but he Chose to be humble. What are some choices we can make to be more humble? 
The funny stuff:
I was on the phone for a Whole Hour with this basher. He wouldn't stop talking. To be fair, the dude was really smart, but every time he was explaining his side of the argument, he would go off on a loonnggg tangent and I would get lost in what he was saying so it was really hard to understand him. Anyways I need to learn Hebrew or else I'll go to outer darkness apparently.
So in Macclesfield, normally the missionaries have cars, but because sister Simonson and I have both been in England for over a year, neither of us can legally drive. We did the math and found that we were walking an average of 6 miles a day in this area. I better come look like wonder woman by the end of my time in Macclesfield or else I want my money back.
When sister Simonson sings a song, she'll sing it on repeat the whole day. I had the privilege of listening to her sing cotton eye Joe on repeat all of Thursday evening. 
picture..Sister Simonsen saw a truck with hay and made me pose for a picture because my name is Haley 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...