Monday, January 7, 2019

Week 58!! Hello Macclesfield!!!

So if you haven't guessed, I've been transferred to Macclesfield, but that's not the big news. So Swinton no longer has sister missionaries! And Macclesfield no longer has elders! I'm whitewashing (when a new set of missionaries replace the old ones) Macclesfield with sister Simonson from Florida. It's a big job and it's kinda scary but we'll both be fine. All of the members we met so far have been super nice and they're all related somehow too (not all of them of course, but there are two extended families that make up like 90% of the ward).
So if I had to describe Macclesfield, I would would say posh.... Lots of big houses and fancy cars, and the not posh areas are still a lot nicer than most places in England. It's also really far, and since we don't have bikes or a car (and the busses here suck) sister Simonson are going to get Really fit. (that's what I'm hoping at least) (the members have already threatened to fatten us up). 
Sorry I don't have a lot of time to mail more, but here's the funny stuff:
So we wait like all night (not really, but it felt like that) for transfer calls and the first person to call us is PRESIDENT MCflippingREYNOLDS!!! We were both on the edge of our seats, because a call from president mcreynolds either meant you were training or becoming stl (sister training leader aka female zone leader). Unfortunately (or luckily, depends on how you see it) neither of us had those callings. Instead he was just calling to tell us that we'll be getting replaced with elders and I will be whitewashing with sister Simonson in Macclesfield (Manchester zone). No biggie
President also told us that he and sister Mcreynolds hung up the temple painting I made. (I had to study humility again after hearing that one) 
We were calling members to say goodbye and let them know the news and every time the reaction is the same. They're super excited to hear Swinton is getting elders and then they're devastated when the hear that the sisters are leaving. My favorite so far was sister Ashtons reaction after she heard about us leaving (noooo that's not what we wanted!!) 
On new years day, the family we had tea with had a turkey me and my stupid appetite asked for a leg. I always forget how big turkey legs actually are. I only managed half of it so I got to take the other half home and then we learned we were both leaving so I ate it for breakfast. 
So sister Tavares and I thought it would be funny to leave a bunch of cheeky notes around the flat for the elders to find. For example: the post it note I left on the mirror says 'warning! Objects in mirror appear taller than they actually are'. Classic 
Things I have found in Macclesfield flat: a massive bowl of candy (Christmas leftovers), barbie fruit snacks, weights (elders were here first), a photos hopped picture of the previous Macclesfield elders on a bus (it was pretty funny), a tin of homemade cookies, lots of protein powder (lots) (who needs that much protein powder), a world map, a closet full of suits (flat finds), and an American dad DVD (dodgy)
When sister Simonson and I checked out our beds, of course the first thing I do is flop on mine, and it Broke!!! I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes as I fell with the mattress. (luckily it just had some loose parts so we fixed it.
We also had two extra mattresses in he bedroom and we felt like they were taking up too much space so we put them on or beds. Now our beds are super tall. The two mattresses don't make the bed any more comfortable though.
So there is a saying in the mission that we all use. 'That's bad' the only difference is when you say it you have to pronounce it like this 'that's bay-yad'. Anyways I found out who started it. It was elder malpge, he's the culprit. He had a companion who had a really strong accent so he copied how the companion said it, and elder malpge is one of those missionaries who all the other missionaries look up to, so everyone started copying him. I love the dumb mission slang, its really fun.
Today we had a tea appointment and were expecting to teach a short lesson but the lady (grandma) we were with basically taught us a big lesson instead. It was a really nice change from the usual and I think I learned a lot.
We almost locked ourselves INSIDE the flat and we had to call elder van scheltema (he was one of the elders we replaced) to help us figure out how to get out. So apparently there's this lever above the lock that if you push it, it will make it so that you can't unlock the door with the key. Elder van scheltema had to guide us through (on phone) how to put the lever back in place. The whole process was  super stressful and the whole time I was freaking out because I thought we were going to have to call mission office and explain how we somehow managed to lock ourselves Inside the flat. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...