Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Week 67! Happy Pancake Day!



So pancake day was on Tuesday and in two tea appointments we had pancakes. In England, the pancakes are more like crepes and people will put lemon juice and sugar on them. I'm so sold, they were so good.
Anyways this week was almost all finding. Sister Reyser and I have been tracting like no tomorrow. No new friends but an extra helping of the spirit for sure. I've really felt me attitude change as I've started to really put myself in the work. We did meet a lot of nice people though so hopefully someone will come to church, but for now, we find! 
The funny stuff:
So we were doing our daily planning and then this weird (kinda sounded like a pug but angrier and louder) gurgle came from the sink. The sound traveled up the sink and a little bit of water came through the pipe. We checked to see what was up and now we don't have water. I don't know for how long. Luckily I showered before
So the water problem is fixed. The pipes just made angry animal noises again, water came out and water keeps coming out if we turn the taps on.
Things you find in an LDS clerics office: pens, paper shredder, computer box, a second hidden computer box that actually is the working one, like 30 broken pencils, a scrabble game, a staples box full of paper clips, some ancient church family history books that are possibly older than my parents, one of my 372625 lost hair bands, and a miniature metal sword.
There's a bridge on the isle of man called the fairy Bridge. Every time you pass it, the bus will say: hello fairies. It freaked me out the first time we went past it.
Wisdom given to me by our lovely islanders: chocolate doesn't solve anything but neither do apples so eat whatever you want!
On the Isle of man it's bad luck to say the word rat. If you do you either have to make the sign of the cross or touch wood. They say Long tail instead.
I guess the wind was just really cold because my finger where the skin had started peeling just started to bleed randomly, but then as we were walking back from the chapel, sister Rysers face just started bleeding. Like a lot. I freaked out pretty bad. Luckily we got it all cleaned up. We have no idea why her face was bleeding.
So our flat has this back door which is emergency only and people keep using it so they put up a camera and i think I'm the reason why. When there were two handy men fixing the door, their presence confused me and I tried going through the back door. It was super awkward and sister Reyser still teases me about i. Then like three days later they put up a camera.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...