Monday, October 22, 2018

Week 47!! A whole day spent in the YSA building

So this week was super busy. We had a lot of people to visit. The ysa building was because we had our interviews with president, and they took a lot longer than expected so we were there for a while. I enjoyed it though, the Manchester ysa building is super neat! It has 4 floors and a basement and there's always people there. This week was also really nice since I got to know a few members better. The members in Swinton ward really love us and will drop off food randomly. One lady gave us a big bag of fruit and cheese. (thank you!). I'm just worried I'm going to get fat.
The work in Swinton is a lot different than Chorley. Here we mostly do a lot of street contacting and talking to people randomly. There's so many people everywhere. Everywhere. We also are right next to Manchester city so a lot of people we meet are from there or are here for university. It's very busy and not at all like slow and quiet Chorley. I've had to make a lot of changes in the way I work because if it. I'm sure it'll be just fine though! 
The funny stuff:
Sister Sawatdee was sitting in her chair and the back legs flipped up so she just like slid back and fell! I thought she was hurt at first but she was just laughing. We took pictures of it too. It was terrifying tbh
A friend called us and asked us to bring them toilet rolls because they were going to run out and they wouldn't get paid until a few days later (don't worry we had their backs) best call ever.
During interviews president told sister sawatdee that I was funny. I'm not funny, I just think really randomly. Also I have no filter.
I'M A Wizard, so I was singing a song and it was the same one that sister sawatdee had in her head. I think we knew each other in the pre-existence haha.
We were gifted a tin of caramels (from France, oh la la) and mine was fine, but someone had taken caramels out of sister sawatdees and replaced them with a plastic bag! It was so weird when she opened the tin and pulled out this grocery bag.
In relief society, when the sister was leading the music, a spider started coming down from the ceiling towards her head! Luckily another sister slapped it away before it reached her. Everybody was freaking out, it was so funny!
Sister sawatdee is a real demon sometimes. She keeps singing the first word or note of really popular songs to try and get me to sing. It's driving me crazy bc I have no self control so she wins every time.
Sister sawatdee and I are both really big foodies so when we saw that pizza hut was having a good deal, we decided to get it and split the pizza. We told the district about it too and now they're teasing us
The washer machine in our fat is terrifying. Because our flat was cheaply made, whenever the washer machine is on, it makes the whole room shake.
-Pictures-There's this massive library/town hall in Manchester city. And sister sawatdee loves warm stuff bc she's always cold. 
This absolutely lit church building and heart attacking a members door 
Sister sawatdee posing in the broken chair, the Swinton Ward building, and my dolphin sketch.
-The Chorley district is in Manchester shopping. We saw elder Zander(an elder from her district when she was in Chorley) bc his companion was getting mackeys(McDonalds) and we were eating our lunch there. 
-The picture of Sister Ward and Haley is from Sister Wards weekly email last week. I got her email after I'd already sent Haleys out. Sister Ward is also from Clovis! She and Haley didn't know each other before their missions, but I've known her parents since youth days! They're now in the same zone in Manchester! 























No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...