Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 48! I almost died this week.

So the near death story is in the funny moments. That whole day is in the funny moments basically. So this week was a big blur because of all the stuff that went on. So on Tuesday and Wednesday we had exchanges with the stretford sisters and then on Thursday was zone conference. Exchanges was really nice. I was with sister shepherd who is also from California (the north) and we had a pretty good time despite the craziness. The stls also had a cute cake and ice cereal as sister sawatdees last exchange party. The exchange had to be cut pretty short though because they had business to do. Thursday was zone conference and it was pretty good. We talked a lot about working with the members and rules that we should be following. Mostly staying focused on your missionary purpose in all things including personal study. Don't read outside the missionary library. We also talked about appearances and good better and best. Which activities are the most effective? It was a pretty good general conference.. 
So for this week's spiritual thought, I'm going to base it off of what Zoe, a friend, said to me. So she said how she believes the gospel and teachings of the church morally, but what she wants is to have a Spiritual testimony that these things are true. Sometimes we can get stuck in the trap of seeing church only through our minds and Not feeling it through the spirit. While agreeing with church doctrine is important, your faith and commitment should be built upon the rock or foundation of Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. In the book of Mormon it says: 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. (Helaman 5:12). Helaman promises his sons, Nephi and Lehi, that if they make Jesus christ the foundation of their faith, nothing will be able to shake them. If we make Jesus Christ our foundation, no philosophy or trial will be able to shake us. (and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen) 
Funny stuff:
So when I was on exchange with sister shepherd, we went to this neighborhood to call by a lady,and we heard a gun shot from the street next to us! We just booked it towards the main road and called the other sisters. The best part was that I wasn't even scared, I was just numb about it. Pigeons flying towards my head have scared me more than the gunshot. I'm more worried about my lack of reaction than the reason behind the gun shot.
When we were in the stls flat, I used the toilet, flushed it, and it just kept flushing?? It was draining fine, it just kept flushing. It was the weirdest thing. We had to call one of the senior elders and we found out that if you take the top off and on again it'll fix itself.
We also had really bad traffic while on exchanges. There was a football match going on at the stadium (which is right next to the flat). When we walked out of the flat, we hit a wall of people. The dedication of football fans is amazing.
When you want to eat cheesecake but your slice of cake is frozen still, just follow sister shepherds example: stab the slice with a fork and eat it like a popsicle. She also used her cake as a spoon for her ice cream. Truly one of the greatest people of our Era.
When I was brushing my teeth, I accidentally shoved the toothbrush too far down my tongue and I threw up. I won't describe all the events in detail, but it sufficeth me to say that the whole experience sucked.
Sister sawatdee can't walk straight and always ends up pushing me into the street. I've gotten into the habit of pushing her back, but then she'll shove me into the street on purpose so it's kind of defeating the purpose.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...