Monday, April 15, 2019

Week 72! Just the funnies..

When we were walking back to our flat, we heard music and there was a bunch of kids having a dance party in their front lawn. As we walked past they all started flossing. We cheered them on of course
We also passed a Super drunk man. He couldnt walk straight or much at all, but he was still gentleman enough to let us pass and say hi. Then we watched him stumble up the hill. I hope he made it there safely.
So there's another sister Hawkins in the mission and I was joking around being all like "there can only be one" and then sister Niederhouser said that's no problem soon there'll only be one (since I have one transfer left). It was the best moment ever. Perfect timing and savagery
When youre a missionary for long enough, you start to care more about the things that matter, but on the flip side, you stop caring all together about things you used to care about. For example: I used to hate bugs, and would normally make a big deal about it if I find one in the house. Now I just can't be bothered. I woke up feeling pretty trashed and confused because the whole day before we were traveling and now I'm awake earlier than normal and in a flat that is not mine. Then I find this huge bug in my suitcase, but I was just too tired to care, so I picked it up (with my bare hands) and put it in the trash can (idk if I killed it or not). Now that I'm actually awake, looking back on this I realize how horrifying that was.
So I finally met the new sister hawkins and we did the family tree thing and we are 11th cousins removed. We don't share the Hawkins name either but hey we are related!
I'm also related to sister Terry and bishop but not sister sever haha
So I got a letter from my family and my dad put these really wierd stickers in them, and one was this awful Shrek meme of Shrek holding the book of Mormon saying, the scriptures are like onions, they have layers. Anyways I gave it to President mcreynolds just for his reaction, and it did not disappoint. He was all "who prints these!?!"
I love showing pictures of my dogs Jess and Mario. Everyone loves Mario but then they're all like yea Jess is ugly. A few people think she's cute though.
I'm like obsessed with making bread now. I've made about 8 loaves so far this transfer (I have to do something during language study time). My favorite so far has been the Mozzarella basil bread. The apple bread was a complete failure though. It tasted slightly like iodine to me.
We got popcorn and I made 3 bags and burned 2 of them. Idk why or how the other 2 burned bc the first bag came out perfect. Now our flat smalls like burnt popcorn again.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...