Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 71! General Conference!!

So general conference was definitely the highlight of the week! I'll admit, I was pretty sad that there weren't any huge announcements about missionary work. There had been tons of rumors going around about sisters going out at 18 and elders having 18 month missions and new areas being opened for mission work. I'm really glad that this was a mostly doctrinal conference. I think with all the changes going on, we needed the time to sit back and practice the basics. No matter what temporal rules the church has to follow, the doctrine of Jesus christ will always stay the same. I'll just share my favorite highlight from general conference: elder Hollands talk from Saturday afternoon. I really love how he talked about the importance of showing respect to sacrament meeting. It's more than an obligation, it's a gift given to us through the suffering of Jesus christ in the garden of Gethsemane. We need to treat it like that.
The funny stuff:
So we were walking and I see the white ball of death (that definitely wasn't rain) fall from the air and I had to freeze and check my hair. Luckily nothing hit me but sister bishop got nailed straight in the middle of her chest on her raincoat. She was absolutely horrified and took off her coat and undercoat (idk why. It didn't get hit) until we got back to the flat. The seagulls here are merciless, I have no idea how I haven't gotten pooped on yet.
While we were talking to this man, I was messing with the strap of my bag and I popped the button off and broke my bag. (I fixed it though)
So I had to get vitamins, and it was a 3 for 2 deal, so I got two of the reimbursable ones and the third, a multivitamin, for free. It said 50+ on the package and my dumb butt assumed it meant that there were over 50 pills in the vitamin. What it actually meant was that the vitamins were best for people ages 50+. Guess I'm taking old lady vitamins for the next two months.
So we were in a call with the zone leaders and they had to put us on hold so I was all like "do we get any elevator music" and they made one of the elders do elevator music (with just him, and his singing and beat boxing) for like a whole 5 minutes. It was hilarious
So the word. Lobster in Chinese can also translate to dragon shrimp. And tomato is red western persimmon. And kiwi is monkey peach.
The Chinese word for hamster translates to warehouse rat
My spelling is absolutely rubbish because there are some words that even autocorrect can't figure out for me. Like chihuahua (I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out how that's spelled)
So I was opening a can of tuna and I sliced my finger so I needed a bandaid and the only ones the flat had were some Rudolf the red nosed reindeer ones so I guess I'm celebrating Christmas early. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...