Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 10!

Hey y'all!
This week was pretty crazy. I had first five weeks, which is basically a training for all the baby missionaries at the mission home. It was pretty great seeing all of my district from the mtc! President McReynolds is pretty amazing too. He doesn't beat around the bush. After that, it was finding, and call bys. On Saturday we had a service project though. An investigator needed help removing the wallpaper from her home. It was good work, and my arms were pretty tired after all that scraping and reaching upward (I'm short, and the walls were high). Another thing that happened was transfers! The results for this month are......(drumroll please) nothing! Sister Poussard and I will remain in Wiccan ward together. Elder Devonport (the district leader) and elder Mazutinec (Telford area, Canadian) are leaving though. Elder Carlson is the new district leader and I heard he's training. Can't wait to meet the two new missionaries!
Now here's a spiritual thought for everyone. In alma 32, it talks about faith and how faith is like a seed. If you don't encourage your faith, it will eventually wither away. We need to make a bit of time each day to grow our faith! Sorry if this is a bit short, but I don't have much time this pday. I love everyone, and hope you all have a great week!
Love Sister Honkins 

And now the funny stuff
During first five weeks, somebody thought that missionaries aren't allowed to play uno. I believed them and was devastated for 2 minutes.
We were super scared that we would be late to 5 weeks, but all our trains ended up early, and we were a whole hour early.
On the walk to the mission home, sister Poussard convinced me that her tablet died and that we were lost. I almost had a panic attack, we were in Manchester city. That place is massive!
The Morrison near our flat ran out of pomegranates (cry)
We still haven't taken down our Christmas decorations. Now I just want to see how long they'll stay up.
We were at a members house, and the dog licked my hands for like 5 minutes straight. I made a friend.
The member also had homade cake and it made sister Poussard homesick because it was the closest she had to French cake here. (Not as much sugar)
Sister Poussard doesn't like crows because apparently they were used as a part of mediaeval torture. The more you learn.
It was hailing without any clouds again. Idk how that's possible, but it happened.
King David came from the tribe of Judah, so Jesus is of the tribe of Judah. (Here's a fun fact for yall)
I was popping my gum really loud (to annoy sister Poussard) (I'm such a jerk hehehe) and she threw 3 mini highlighters at me.
Any time I do something unladylike, sister Poussard calls me porkus (pig in french)

Pictures*
 More of Haley's drawings.
I think the white bldg is her church bldg. She told me she was taking a picture of the sunset.
Haley with the 2 Elders who were transferred. 

The rest of the pictures are from the FB mission page. Thank goodness for the Mission President's wife Sister McReynolds who posts pictures for us parents!! My favorite picture is the one of Haley raising her hand in the background. I asked Sister McReynolds what Haley was doing because I could tell from her mischievous smile that she was up to something. Sister McReynolds said that Haley was sneaking a Hi in from her table.. the other table was the focus of that picture. Definitely my girl! ​

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...