Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Week 69! So I'm a master artist now.

I made a drawing for every day of the week and I'm very proud of that. Anyways, this week was jam packed! First thing is transfers: I am..... Staying! (big surprise) and my new companion will be sister bishop. I've met her before too, she's one of the Chinese speaking missionaries in the Emm and I'm pretty sure she's American. Sister Reyser is going to Stafford and she'll be follow up training one of the newer sisters! It's real exciting for her because it's the same zone as her first Area, which shell go on exchanges there now.
So of course since it's the last week of the transfer, all of the miracles happened this week. We found a family to teach, and they're so nice! They both had been to churches before and are open to learn about a new religion. Sister Reyser also gave a great talk on Sunday about charity! 
The funny stuff:
There's this little mini castle on a rock called the tower of refuge. It's in the sea but a few times a year, the tide is low enough to walk to it. Well the tide was Really low and I saw people walking from it so I forced my companion to come with me to see. Once we got up to it though we saw that there was just enough water in-between us and the rock path so that we couldn't go without being dodgy. Biggest disappointment of my life.
When we were leaving a members home, I thought that her porch had an extra step and I almost fell thinking I was stepping down. (the patch of concrete was a different color than the rest). Sister Reyser spent a good five minutes laughing at me after that.
So we got a call one night from bishop asking if we had been in the chapel that day (we hadn't). We shrugged it off and figured that someone had made a mess. The next morning we go to the chapel to sync our area book and report lessons and a member was outside and he told us that the locks had been changed. Apparently someone had tried to break into the chapel the night before and so they had to change the locks. Now we can't use the chapel until we get a new key from bishop. (idk why anyone would try to break in) (like what could you steal? A dinosaur computer and some book of Mormons)
So I had given sister Reyser a bag of beef jerky from my last beef jerky package, and she's been able to stretch it out over the course of a whole week. Meanwhile I killed like 5 bags in one week. (and now I'm out, lol)
Since my nails are finally long enough to paint (4 weeks no biting!) I got some light pink nail polish and sister Reyser and I painted our nails that evening. It was one of the most frustrating evenings of my mission. First of all, I've only done this like twice in my life and my artistic talent doesn't extend to nails apparently. Second, they would take for Flipping ever to dry. Like forever. I went to bed with perfectly fine, seemingly dry nails, and I woke up and my thumb looked like a 2 year old drew all over it with a white crayon.
So the tide was REALLY low this time and sister Reyser suggested going out to the tower again so we did! And it was amazing!! The walk up there was kinda scary though because it was like 95% seaweed and so it was super slippy. Once we got there though, it was so pretty and we could even go inside. They were doing construction on the inside so we couldn't get very far though. 

Pictures: The older couple is Geoff and Ida. They were people that I knew in Swinton and they finally accepted lessons and were baptized..They are 90 and 91.
-So like a few times a year, the tide is low enough to walk to the tower of refuge and we got to! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming talk

*Haley spoke in the Peachwood ward on Sunday June 23rd at 9am. Haley didn't type out a talk..she just wrote some bullet points down. I r...